Anyone else nesting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else nesting? Anyone else nesting?

Unread 11-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Anyone else nesting?

As my date gets closer, I find myself really nesting. I'm cleaning the house, painting rooms, buying new linens, making curtains, etc. - all stuff that I normally would not have/make time to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Anyone else nesting?

OH YEAH!!!
We've painted the bedroom (ceiling too) and we're laying new flooring in there this weekend.
I've been cooking & baking, Christmas shopping, etc etc
All of it!
Unread 11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Anyone else nesting?

I've started to do really bizarre stuff that I know I would never normally do - like clean the baseboards and really scrub the floor (on hands & knees iinstead of just a quick mop) - it's as if I realize that I'll be lying in bed, hobbling to bathroom and will realise how yucky it all is!!! Dh and boys would never "see" it!
But I've still got lots of time where I'm just sitting and reading (here!) and thinking "hmmmm, I really should be doing something, but I'll just read a little longer"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Anyone else nesting?

I don't know what happened... but I actually stopped nesting. It came on like a hurricane then left just a quickly. I think I just got overwhelmed. I've made a honey-do list and DH promises to conquer it this weekend. I did lay in loads of post-op supplies that I may need, and prepared some meals, and shopped so the rest of the family can easily feed me and themselves, finished most of my Christmas shopping, but I turned my back on alot of the things I initially had marked to be done.

Then again, there are still a few days.. we'll see how I am then probably running around like a chicken without head .. then again that is the norm for me.
Unread 11-03-2006, 05:14 AM
Anyone else nesting?

I didn't think I was nesting, until the day I caught myself re-washing clean clothes just because they had gotten a little wrinkled in the drawer. Then I realized my closets and drawers were all organized, too.....

At least you're using your energy for something worthwhile.
Unread 11-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Anyone else nesting?

Oh, yes, nesting like CRAZY !!
Have all of my Christmas presents purchased, cooking and freezing meals, doing "big" indoor chores like scrubbing the tub and vacuuming (knowing that I won't be doing them for awhile, after I get home).
Even something as basic as dyeing my hair yesterday. Having a car inspected that I won't be driving, lol. As each chore gets ticked off, I actually feel more and more calm.
Can't wait for Tuesday
Sue
Unread 11-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Anyone else nesting?

And here I thought I was the only one doing all that. In order to keep my self sane while I wait for a date, I've been organizing, cleaning, storing stuff all week! Have to admit, it'll be nice to have it done, and it does help me keep my mind focused on more than waiting for "the date". I love this site!
Unread 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Anyone else nesting?

I did that before my surgery! Cleaning and moving things around... until I messed up a shoulder muscle and ended up in ER,,, a week before my hyster! Nesting is normal ~ Just be careful and don't overdo.
Unread 11-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Anyone else nesting?

Yes, the nesting has kicked in. I'm cleaning and organizing closets, cleaning around baseboards, washing floors, Christmas shopping, buying birthday cards through February, making lists, washing paw and nose prints off of the windows so I can see out, assembling stitching and knitting projects to work on during recovery, stocking the pantry. Basically going room by room.

I have been so tired, and yet, I press on. I feel better with each thing accomplished.
Unread 11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Anyone else nesting?

Not yet, but I'm working my way up to it. I've been making lists of things to do between now and then. I work full time and go to college so I know I only have weekends to get ready. I have it listed like I have 6 "days" to get ready though. There's a big shopping trip planned for tomorrow to start squirreling away stuff for me. I imagine the cleaning part will start next weekend, when I have 3 days off work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register