am I overdoing it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

am I overdoing it? am I overdoing it?

Unread 07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
am I overdoing it?

I had a lavh on july 20. I have been cleaning house and went to grocery twice. I walked around the county fair twice. I have some pain and bleeding. dr said no restrictions I take 600 ibuprophen every 6 hours. I still need vicadone every so often Going to dr next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Re: am I overdueing it?

IMHO - if you have to ask then the answer is yes. No restrictions doesn't mean go do whatever (i think). Listen to your body. You just had surgery and its going to need to heal. I don't think bleeding is a good sign, but only your doctor and tell you.
Good Luck....
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Hi Alicia Ann, it sounds like you're over doing the activities. It also sounds like you are feeling really good. Do not let the lack of pain or fatigue mislead you into thinking your healed. You had a lot of work done inside and that takes time. Upwards of hundreds of sutures need to heal. Take it easy now and save yourself possible complications in the future. Keep in mind you are 11 days from a major operation. Give yourself the opportunity to heal right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 02:15 PM

thanks everybody. I just feel guilty not doing anything. Trying to quit smoking and need stuff to keep my mind off smoking
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM

Alicia Ann,

I can understand what you are going through, but slow down a little and let your body heal itself. I had my surgery 6 weeks ago, today, and I am just now doing some small housework. My philosphy is that it will still be there tomorrow, and I am more important than house work. You don't want to hurt yourself internally and have problems down the line.

Sit down, and prop those feet up. Take care of YOU!
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:42 PM

If your trying to keep busy and not smoke maybe you should try doing puzzles or cross words or picture albums. It will keep your hands and mind busy. Good luck
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:38 PM

I had LAVH/BSO also on July20th! I wouldn't even DREAM of hitting the county fair yet! I'm all for doing as much as you can, when you can, but at this point, that means I'm doing laundry, walking to the post office (live in a small town), making supper tonight...that kind of thing. Maybe it's a good thing my doc DID give me restrictions!

Maybe you need to sit back and rest a bit. I'm exhausted just reading what all you've done!
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:42 PM

I can understand that you are trying to keep your mind off of smoking but it sounds like you are doing too much. You want to get to the point that you really don't need the pain meds. Also bleeding is not something you want either. Take it easy on yourself and give yourself time to heal. You have an entire website here that gives you permission to pamper yourself and not feel guilty. Remember the object is no pain meds and no blood. Take care.
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:43 PM

Alicia Ann-

I will dito the other responses. Yes you need to slow down! I had my surgery on July 8th and I went to the grocery store/errands twice in the last week and those trips did me in. I am going to limit my errands to one store per day now because that is all I can do. If your pain/discomfort/fatigue is increasing then that is a sign that you need to cut back.

I feel like a lazy butt just sitting around reading, knitting and surfing the net. Isn't it funny that we feel we have to be always doing something.

Remember we are "human beings" not "human doings"! Lets all just chill, relax and just be! ( I don't mean to sound like a hippie! Not that there's anything wrong with that-I was raised by hippies )
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:54 AM

I took your advice. Last night we rented a bunch of movies and that's what I'm doing this weekend. Thanks for everyone's support. I love this website.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register