11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling 11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling

Unread 08-08-2013, 02:34 PM
11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling

I am 11 weeks post-op from my TAH with ovaries still intact. I am still experiencing pain and swelling sometimes for a few days on end...frustrating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Re: 11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling

I'm 10 weeks post op TAH BSO and still pretty sore and tender. Still walking pretty slow. But not like I used to. I can now lay in my side and laid on my belly for the 1st time last night. Yes i feel like its taking forever but i cant and wont rush it. I'm not beating myself up about it. Soon enough this will be behind us. I am definitely noticing the pain subsiding and am moving around better. Our bodies have have been through something major.. I imagine in shock. Just taking it one day at a time and thanking the good Lord for my healing.
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM

I understand that it can be pretty frustrating, but for some getting to 100% could take up to a year. What you are feeling could be your body's way of telling you that you are overdoing things. I had swelly belly for a good little while. Sometimes what I thought was a little bit and what my reviving body thought was a little but were two entirely different things. I especially had to ease into exercise because every time I did too much my stomach would swell.

Recovery is a process and it takes some a little longer than others to get back on track. Hang in there. You could give your doctor a call, explain what's going on and see what he says.

Lots of (((HUGS))) to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM
11 weeks post-op, still pain & swelling

Hi Freckled9
I am 10.5 weeks and I am swollen too. I look like I am 5 mos pregnant I started measuring it and found out that it is big 24-7 it feels much bigger at night but is actually only 1 inch bigger. From what I have read it can hang around for a long time.
Today I am sore. I did too much lifting of groceries and loads of laundry.
I really thought by this point I would be back to normal
You are not alone.
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:58 PM

I'm 10 1/2 weeks from a TAH as well. I am experiencing a sore tummy and a big swelly belly. My belly was flatter the first 6 weeks than it is now! I think it is because I am doing more now. I bought groceries and made dinner and just that made my tummy swell and I had to rest for 2more days because I was so sore! I start to feel better and then do more and have to slow down. I still cant bend down without pain. My doc says 6 months for the swelly belly. I think we just need to take it easy and continue to heal. I know it's hard because we want to be 100% already but when I get discouraged, I try to remember how far I've come from when I first got out of surgery. It will get better! Hugs!
Unread 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM

Hi MelanieH
I was the same! Thought I had a bonus tummy tuck and when I started doing more at 6 weeks boom there is was!!
Thanks for saying your doctor mentioned 6 months because I was really starting to think it would never go away!
Unread 08-10-2013, 06:07 AM

Oh brother! I am at 10 weeks post op and frustrated. My family is the get up and keep going type. I have more energy now, but find that after going for part of the day, I am just wiped out. In addition, I keep having pain on my left side when I over do it. My family is looking at me as if to say, REALLY? Is this all normal? I have to go back to work in a few weeks to teach and wonder if I can handle it!
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:20 AM

Hi cathycc
Well I am glad I am not alone.
I think that my family figures that I am having the slowest recovery possible but every time I try to do more ie. lift groceries, close or open our sticky windows I pay for it! I get twinges and that heavy feeling comes back again. I am not tired I think because my stress B vitamins help but I am definitely feel frustrated.
Tuesday will be 11 weeks and I guess I need to cultivate some patience!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register