adenomyosis and ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyosis and ablation adenomyosis and ablation

Unread 03-07-2014, 08:04 AM
adenomyosis and ablation

I am 5 1/2 months post ablation, now I have suspected adeno.

I am seeing my doc next week to schedule hysterectomy due to the pain.

I am wondering if any of you have experienced what I am. The bleeding for my periods has decreased greatly since the ablation. I'm talking spotting and that's it, a panty liner does the job most days. But oh my goodness the pain. The pain is so awful, so much worse than before the ablation. It feels like I'm contracting, trying to push blood out that either won't come or is not there.

The bowel issues are horrendous too, especially during my period.

Please tell me this will get better after the hysterectomy! I can't take much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Re: adenomyosis and ablation

Does get better after hyst. I'm 5 wks out and thank God, no more of that pain, just a little post op pain. Bowel probs are gone !
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:26 PM

This morning'a pain makes sense now. The bleeding has picked up and now there are clots . I'm so ready to be done with this.

Georgiarose I am happy to hear you are doing so well! Gives me hope. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2014, 03:12 AM

I had my ablation May 2012... Nearly 2 years ago, which hardly seems possible. Very, VERY mixed reviews. As far as bleeding goes?! A blessing times 10...even though I sit here, still apparently able to find a way to ruin my underwear and/or sheets despite the fact that I bleed at least a 1/10 of the amount I I used to. My bathroom was like a crime scene before, whether I'd been in an hour ago or a few minutes. I went from super plus tampons and 2 overnight pads doubled up to 1 normal pad that I could change every few hours. I was at one point in time (although I didn't know what was happening until it got really bad) so anemic that sitting up in bed was a chore. I drove my kids to school in a blur, counting myself very lucky that nothing bad happened. Once I finally decided to go in (not a fan of seeing a doctor for anything) my blood count was a 7, and they told me that was optimistic because I was too dehydrated--too tired to care about drinking anything--for an accurate count. Long story short, 2 separate surgeries and 7 procedures later, I am no longer too anemic to get up off my couch and put dinner in the crockpot (one of my crowning achievements , corned beef for St. Pattys day and then utter exhaustion)...but the pain!! I've generally just stayed home period for the past several months , not wanting to experience it in public. Tonight, my neighbors invited me over and I accepted. Pain hit me completely out of the blue (as it always does now). Not wanting to ruin the mood, I tried my best to keep it to myself , but it quickly became obvious . I don't know why it's so bad now--I'm on my knees, gritting my teeth and trying not to scream when it hits. My doctor tells me, there's nothing wrong and she'll see me next year...how can you have pain like this and "nothing out of the ordinary on the scan..."
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:53 AM

Your not alone. I had a ablation and have increased unbearable pain. Like you said they are like contractions. Also nausea for a week before. Hysterectomy in 5 days and can't wait
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganCassidy View Post
I had my ablation May 2012... Nearly 2 years ago, which hardly seems possible. Very, VERY mixed reviews. As far as bleeding goes?! A blessing times 10...even though I sit here, still apparently able to find a way to ruin my underwear and/or sheets despite the fact that I bleed at least a 1/10 of the amount I I used to. My bathroom was like a crime scene before, whether I'd been in an hour ago or a few minutes. I went from super plus tampons and 2 overnight pads doubled up to 1 normal pad that I could change every few hours. I was at one point in time (although I didn't know what was happening until it got really bad) so anemic that sitting up in bed was a chore. I drove my kids to school in a blur, counting myself very lucky that nothing bad happened. Once I finally decided to go in (not a fan of seeing a doctor for anything) my blood count was a 7, and they told me that was optimistic because I was too dehydrated--too tired to care about drinking anything--for an accurate count. Long story short, 2 separate surgeries and 7 procedures later, I am no longer too anemic to get up off my couch and put dinner in the crockpot (one of my crowning achievements , corned beef for St. Pattys day and then utter exhaustion)...but the pain!! I've generally just stayed home period for the past several months , not wanting to experience it in public. Tonight, my neighbors invited me over and I accepted. Pain hit me completely out of the blue (as it always does now). Not wanting to ruin the mood, I tried my best to keep it to myself , but it quickly became obvious . I don't know why it's so bad now--I'm on my knees, gritting my teeth and trying not to scream when it hits. My doctor tells me, there's nothing wrong and she'll see me next year...how can you have pain like this and "nothing out of the ordinary on the scan..."

I can relate. This is my life right now. I carry my heating pad to work daily. Some days I don't need it others I can't function without it. Driving is the worst.

I have been to 5 doctors, next week I meet my surgeon. I am not giving up and dealing with this pain anymore. Whatever happens after the hyst has to be better than this.
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:30 AM

The definition of adeno is tiny island cells of endometrium in in the myometrium . Those cells in the muscle wall fill with blood and it's trapped causing the pain. My pain was bad on period, then steadily began filling in on the other days of the month until I had pain every day, dr wouldn't give narcotics, said hyst was only cure. Once you understand the dynamics of the disease, it makes sense. The uterus is trying to function, it's just that it's diseased and can't. ;( so many things are just a bandaid, but sometimes it will buy you time to ck out your options. I'm tired at 5 wks but functioning so much better. Looking forward to a full recovery, no stupid cramping all the time. Fatigue is much better and all bowel symptoms are gone !!! Hang in there. Did you try hormones ? The pill ? Again they just push off the inevitable , but do provide some relief for some if you can handle the side effects. Glad to help. If you have any questions, please ask away.
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:09 AM

I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy 3/25 for adenomyosis. I had novasure 2/2010 for 3 weeks of bleeding. After novasure I experience pain, bloating, feel sick, don't even want to do my usual thing I find enjoyable. My symptom after novasure started pretty much right away. I am nervous about the hysterectomy but I am praying I can get back to life! The novasure did help with bleeding but the cramps are unbearable. Good luck and i hope you get your answers!
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM

If there's adeno in the walls of the uterus, ablation can't get to those. Ablation can only get the inner lining. That's my understanding.
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieB. View Post
I am 5 1/2 months post ablation, now I have suspected adeno.

I am seeing my doc next week to schedule hysterectomy due to the pain.

I am wondering if any of you have experienced what I am. The bleeding for my periods has decreased greatly since the ablation. I'm talking spotting and that's it, a panty liner does the job most days. But oh my goodness the pain. The pain is so awful, so much worse than before the ablation. It feels like I'm contracting, trying to push blood out that either won't come or is not there.

The bowel issues are horrendous too, especially during my period.

Please tell me this will get better after the hysterectomy! I can't take much more.
You sound like me, right down to the bowel symptoms. I hope we can both get our issues resolved. The pain every month is sickening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register