3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired? 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired?

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:50 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired?

Hello all, I am almost 3 weeks post op and am doing fairly well except for my energy level. I will do something as simple as grocery shopping and by the time I get home I am so tired. I seem to be lacking energy. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2014, 08:19 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired?

Hi there, i am now 6 weeks post op and still get tired. But in saying that i am only getting 4-6 hours sleep per night. Are you experiencing the same thing?
Unread 08-31-2014, 09:42 AM

Petrea, I am experiencing the same kind of tiredness. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. Yesterday I drove to my women's group meeting, which was about a 25 minute drive each way and about an hour and a half of sitting in a chair and talking. When I got home I sat on the couch for 30 minutes or so and then we went to my parents house where I mainly sat outside by the pool and drank juice. After an hour or two of that, it was like my body just said "enough!" I had to go inside and lay down for 30 minutes before I could get up and join everyone outside again and when I got home at 4 pm or so I immediately took a nap and slept till 6:30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2014, 10:13 AM

It's very normal to still be tired. Our bodies experienced a trauma and will still be healing 6 months from now. My doctor said the best thing to do is to just listen to my body and rest when I feel like resting, don't overdo it.
Unread 08-31-2014, 10:19 AM

Yes, it is very normal to be very tired.Just think of how much work your body is doing healing after major surgery.

Chris
Unread 08-31-2014, 11:44 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be this tired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrea View Post
Hello all, I am almost 3 weeks post op and am doing fairly well except for my energy level. I will do something as simple as grocery shopping and by the time I get home I am so tired. I seem to be lacking energy. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
hi I am also three weeks post op and I get very tired too. My dr tells me this will go away in time. I find that just sorting the wash is very tiring. Didn't realize how tired I was going to be. My husband does practically everything I used to do. Going to the store with him is very tiring because I can only walk so fast. I find that the slower I walk the better I feel. Good luck.
Unread 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM

I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and still get pretty tired. I'll have a good active day but pay for it the next day. I have to admit - I really thought I'd be further along in my recovery process by now
Unread 08-31-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckane View Post
I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and still get pretty tired. I'll have a good active day but pay for it the next day. I have to admit - I really thought I'd be further along in my recovery process by now
I feel the same way tckane, I thought that I would be further along in my recovery by 61/2 weeks but the good part is that I am feeling stronger & better with each passing day. A hysterectomy is major surgery and from what I have read, it could take up to a year to get back to where most of us were before we had it.

Take care
Unread 08-31-2014, 07:38 PM

Be encouraged I only felt 99.9 % my best until week 11-12. The 1-5 weeks I was restless and after returning to work at week 6 by week 8 I stopped sleeping after work. It's been a journey but it's worthwhile. Hopefully things get better for you soon!
Unread 08-31-2014, 07:47 PM

I am three weeks/almost four, and I'm still whooped each day and need a nap. I've come to the realization that I need to rest. Had a setback, and boy, let me tell you, napping is good! You do nothing but lay horizontally! Take a nap. When in your life will you be able to again?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register