related??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
related???

I am writing here even before I call my doc, because the last time I called him about my bladder, I got more info afterward from hystersisters than he gave me!
I have had some things develop that are quite possibly unrelated to my LAVH that I had 10 days ago, but I wanted to see if anyone had anything to say. Yesterday, I started feeling a wierd pressure feeling in my lower left pelivc area. (I still have my left ovary, but not my right) I can't feel it from the outside with my hand, but any time I'm sitting still, I can feel what I can only describe as similar to how it feels when a baby in utero turns or moves. It is an almost rythmic pulsing. Wierd! Could it possibly be an intestine that has moved into a new spot and I am feeling the natural intestinal movement of my innards? Also, I got a migraine last night- even with all the pain meds- and I was very sick to my stomach. I thought they were related (I often get nauseated with my migraines) but this morning after I ate breakfast, the nausea returned. Could it be the new wierd feeling in my left pelvis that is making me sick, or the pain meds after 10 days of taking them, or what??? Any ideas, ladies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
related???

Hi,

Pain meds can definately cause nausea, especially after 10 days. Have you tried easing off on them or are you still in major pain?

I would advise that call your doctor about the nausea and pulsing. Not to be an alarmist but it could be a blockage. Better safe than sorry!! Could be gas, too. There seems to be a lot of it on the site...LOL

Jennifer

TAH/BSO 1/14/05
Unread 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
related???

Hi hebgengal,

I *might* know what you are describing with the weird pulsations. Follow this link and see if this is what you are feeling. Does this sound like what you're experiencing?
Sorry if I'm totally missing the mark.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=193139

s, Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
related???

It does sound like it could be gas...that is a real problem when 1st out of surg...and feels really wierd inside...moving around the intestines...not like before surg...and it is certainly not unusual to have symtoms from the pain meds..they are strong! I certainly had some reactions to them...take it slow and easy , ten days is not very long...good luck and prayers be with you..
Unread 03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
related???

WOW- That was exactly it! I knew that someone would know what I was talking about! I am much reassured now- thank you so very much. I have my 2 week in 1 week, so I'll mention it to my doc, but I am not worried about it anymore. I really appreciate your help, Sistabeth!
Unread 03-17-2005, 05:29 PM
related???

Yippee! I'm soooo glad the mystery is solved!
Good luck at your Dr. appt. next week. Please let us know how you are doing, okay?

s,
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register