endo and adeno | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endo and adeno endo and adeno

Unread 01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
endo and adeno

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with endo over 13 years ago at 21. Treated with a couple of laps and bcp. Continued to have problems, but not severe enough that I couldn't function. Then about a year ago the pain started getting worse and not just around my period, but all month long. I have a constant pulling sensation in my lower left side. The last few months I started spotting between periods. I went to a new gyno. who did a uterine biopsy and said that he suspected adenomyosis due to the size and shape of my uterus. Then came the big surprise--he thinks the only feasible treatment option is a subpartial hysterectomy. I should be able to keep my ovaries unless the endo is too extensive. I have a surgery date of Feb. 21st. Anyone else have similiar diagnosis? I am so excited to find a place like this with so much support and information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
endo and adeno

Dear Aned,

I had both and neither was diagnosed until I had my hysterectomy.

I went in to have large fibroids removed as well as my uterus.

Extensive adeno and endo that had adhered my ovaries to my lower bowel were found, resulting in a BSO.

I have done well for the most part on HRT.

Best wishes and to you.
Unread 01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
endo and adeno

Thanks Sweet Pea. I suspect they will find adhesions just because it has been several years since I have done anything to treat my endo. I hope I can keep at least one ovary because I have a strong family history of breast cancer which may not make HRT a good option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2006, 05:44 PM
endo and adeno

I had both and had a laproscopic supracervical hystectomy, keeping both ovaries also. My recovery was quick (I only was in the hospital 1 day instead of two) and went back to work this week full time (4 weeks). I had what seemed like a period 2 weeks afterwards with cramping and back pain, but it was hard to determine what caused the bleeding and pain. My doctor wants to see me again at 7 weeks and is curious to see what happens when I "cycle" again. As you will see from other threads on this site, everyone's recovery is different. I seem to have been fortunate in my recovery so far. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and keep using this site for any questions and concerns. It was a God-send to me both before and after my surgery.
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:47 PM
endo and adeno

I forgot to mention that my doctor did see a lot of endometriosis when he went in, as was expected, but he "cleaned it up" from my ovaries which enabled me to keep them since I am only 38 and he didn't want to remove them.
Unread 01-29-2006, 08:19 PM
endo and adeno

I also have endo I'm having a TAH and BSO. My doctor told me he has seen alot of women with endo that leave an ovary behind usually have to go back in and remove the second one a few years later. That's how I decided to have it done. But, like a previous poster said everyone with endo is different.

Best of luck to you

Sharon
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
endo and adeno

For me, with concerns about HRT, I think I would risk having to go back in for an ovary at a latter date just to put off having to use HRT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register