anyone with C-Sections | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone with C-Sections anyone with C-Sections

Unread 02-19-2006, 06:07 AM
anyone with C-Sections

I'm curious and thought I would ask here before I get to talk to my surgeon.

I have had two prior C-Sections with the bikini cut incision. Will the surgeon use this incision as a guide line and also cut the same way, or will he still opt for the vertical cut? I"m having the full abdominal hyster. I'm concerned about scar tissue from the old surgeries and besides, I don't want to look like I have a cross on my tummy!!

If you have had a c-section and the hyster...what was your experience with the incisions? Are the pains different for the vertical vs. the horizontal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2006, 06:16 AM
anyone with C-Sections

i had 2 c-sections..bikini cut,and my surgeon used the same scar line that was used for those....sonie
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:19 AM
anyone with C-Sections

I was told it depends on how large the uterus and the fibroids are for the way they will cut. As it turns out I have a 9 inch horizonal. I had a csection the horizonal scar was at least a quarter inch thick. This time the Dr. cut the whole scar out and made a much neater incision. My Dr was not concerned at all when I mentioned before the surgery that I had this scar. I am just so happy to be alive and feeling so much better I wouldn't care if I had a 12 inch X scar on my tummy. Someone else will answer your questions on the vertical and horizonal. I know all kinds of questions come up before the surgery. It is so good to have a site like this with so much information. Hugs-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2006, 09:15 AM
anyone with C-Sections

I had a c-section last year, and my gyn used the same bikini cut incision for my TAH.

Good luck!
Unread 02-19-2006, 02:35 PM
anyone with C-Sections

I didn't have a c-section but I had and ovarian wedge resection w/bikini incision. The next incision is dependent upond the size of the uterus and the fibroids. What most surgeons do is cut out the old scar and makes a new incision in the same area, that's what my surgeon did.
Unread 02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
anyone with C-Sections

Going to try to follow the answers you get on this subject as i also had 2 C-sections and i wonder what they will do with mine.. not looking forward to another cut like that but it would be cool to have the scar fixed as it is real crooked.. i know like that matters compared to all the pain i wont hav after everything is out but it's a thought.
Unread 02-19-2006, 05:41 PM
anyone with C-Sections

ive had 2 csections and i think they are doing bikini cut for mine. ill have to check im glad u brought this up
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:17 PM
anyone with C-Sections

My doctor went through the same spot as my 2 c-sections. She also cut out the scar tissue and the old scar. It was kinda like getting a mini tummy tuck.
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:58 PM
anyone with C-Sections

I had a c-section and my doc told me that he will be using the same incision line for my TAH-BSO. I figure the hysterectomy surgery won't be any worse than the c-section was, and this time I won't be recovering while taking care of an infant. At least I hope it is that way.
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:02 PM
anyone with C-Sections

I had 2 c-sections with bikini cut, and I am having a TAH/BSO on Wednesday, the 22nd. My doctor said he would either have to make the incision above the other one, or he will have to make a vertical incision. He is really worried that since I am soooo fluffy (almost 300 lbs.) that there could be complications. The c-section incisions seem like they are adherred to my pelvic bone or something in there?? Anyway, I just pray that he doesn't find bunches of "stuff" stuck together. I trust him, so I know he will take care of me, whatever turns up. I will let y'all know, when it's over
hugs,
Carolyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register