dVH/RALH Indigestion and Gas - Colace? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Indigestion and Gas - Colace? Indigestion and Gas - Colace?

Unread 04-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Indigestion and Gas - Colace?

I had my surgery on the 18th, so this is 5 days post op. I am having major issues with bloating, gas, indigestion.......I have pains which I believe are related to gas.....I get indigestion to where I almost vomit. I have been taking the colace daily, and am wondering if that is causing me the problems. Although I have had a bm, I'm still sticking to mainly a liquid/soft diet. I'm fearful that the symptoms I have will be worse if I eat a more substantial diet. I can tell you that gagging (unable not to) is very painful.....so glad I never got sick though. I am walking and moving quite a bit....

I'm thinking I should stop taking the colace. Any thoughts?

Unread 04-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Re: Indigestion and Gas - Colace?

If you stop taking the Colace you need to take something else to keep your stools soft and prevent straining. You probably still have some CO2 gas lingering from the surgery.
Unread 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM

live forever...
I've never heard of Colace causing those symptoms...but you never know. Have you tried taking anything for the indigestion and/or the gas? I took colace along with Gas X...it helped me. I agree with RN96 that you may still have some CO2 gas from the surgery making it's way through your body.
Are you passing gas out either place?? perhaps something to calm your stomach and cause some burping like diluted sprite or something similar may help. I know it isn't good to put MORE gas in that is why I would dilute a soda product. Try to eat things that will keep your bowels moving but gentle enough to not cause you to gag...perhaps jello, saltines, bananas, oatmeal, plain rice....
I so hope you are feeling better very soon. Rest rest and more rest...
{{{hugs}}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2011, 08:12 AM

I used colace and gas-x in tandem; the gas X was especially important for the first week.
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Have your mentioned your symptoms to your doctor? You are very newly post op and you should be able to call your doctor with questions. I remember calling my doctor's office nearly every day for a week or two.

One thing I'd like to mention is that Gas-X may help with intestinal gas, but it won't bring any relief for gas caused by the CO2 that was used during your surgery.

Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register