Obsessed and question about Oregon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Obsessed and question about Oregon Obsessed and question about Oregon

Unread 06-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Obsessed and question about Oregon

Hi ladies, I am just sitting here lurking (again) and trying to analyze why I am so obsessed with all the information on this site. I am on here reading all the wonderful posts whether they apply to my situation or not. Has anyone else been this "obsessed" or do I just have too much time on my hands?

I also have another question that is more related to the site than pre-op, I am from Oregon and would like to find others from here, is there somewhere I haven't found yet for this information? I told you I was obsessed.

Thank you all so much for being here
Jodi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 12:42 AM

((((Jodi))))

I'm from Vancouver Wa, just a short trip over the 205 bridge bring's me to your state. You can find Sister's who live in your home state by looking into the forum jump box on the bottom of the page, scroll down to sisters in the USA and your home free

Best of luck
Unread 06-27-2003, 12:57 AM

Hi there-
I'm from your neighbor state, Washington.

I just wanted to address the obsession issue. I came to this site daily before my hyst. It was comforting for me to learn what to expect before, during, and now after surgery. I also was overwhelmed by the wonderful support that women from all over the globe shared with each other. Plus, it seems safe to be able to talk about gas pains, constipation, pre-op bowel prep, and sex after surgery with women who have "been there."

I still come here everyday after surgery. It helps pass the recovery time and I have met some great ladies. So, no, you aren't wierd. I suspect that as the months pass after your surgery you will feel less need to read everything!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 04:48 AM

Hi Jodie,

I found HS the night before my surgery, and, as you can see, haven't left yet - it's been close to 2 years!!

Hyster Sisters is a wonderful community of women helping other women, and I'm so glad that you are here.

Here's a link to the Oregon State neighborhood:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...=1000&x=13&y=9

's
Unread 06-27-2003, 05:49 AM

Jodi-
I think that being obsessed with this site is a good thing. When I first came here I was just like you. Acutally still come here often during my recovery. I will be glad when I don't need to come here so often (don't get me wrong, that will only mean I'm back at work and the gym). I have just moved to different areas. My biggest thing before I found out I needed surgery was the internet dating services (I'm single). I was obsessed with them, and I just moved that obsession to the hyster-sister obsession. There is so much good info here I don't think you can really go wrong reading so much. I found it also relaxing knowing I was not alone in my curiosity and fears.
Good luck in your discovery--HUGS
Tricia
Unread 06-27-2003, 07:37 AM

Thank you so much for the encouragement, this site is a God send and I think my obsession is a good one too. You are so right when you said that talking about these things with others that have been there helps a lot. I have always been the type to learn as much as I can about what is important to me.

DH has figured out a way to bring my computer to my recovery area (living room) and still have us networked together so I can still be here after surgery when I need a "fix"

Also thank you for the tips on how to find "neighbors", I really appreciate all of you.

Take care
Jodi
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:17 AM

Hi Jodi!

I'm from Keizer, OR. Just down the road a bit! I just found this site a few days ago, and it's great! Not even sure if I'll be having a Hyst. yet, cause I haven't been to my Dr. appt after the ultrasound. I think I will need one, so I'm learning all I can before I go see the Doc in a couple weeks.

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register