Pre op yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op yesterday Pre op yesterday

Unread 11-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Pre op yesterday

I had my pre op yesterday and boy was it a mess, but turned out ok! First of all, the doc came in and said that the insurance precerted the procedure only if done on an out patient basis. Can you believe that? I realize that a LAVH/BSO is easier that a TAH/BSO, but as an out patient?? Anyway, I decided to go ahead. He said he would let me stay there until they closed and send me home with a lot of pain meds and anit nausea meds and detailed instructions. Well, I am the HR Manager of the company that I work, so have a lot to do with benefits. (We are also self insured with a third party administrator) When I left the docs office, I called our controller and asked her to call our TPA and ask what I could do. By the time my dh and I got home, there were two messages on my machine one from the pre cert nurse and one from the TPA telling me that it was precertified for the two night stay.

We go over to the hospital and I am giving the pre admission clerk my insurance card and drivers license and another lady comes up and say I guess they moved up your date. I said what??? She said yes, they are doing it tomorrow. I said I don't think so. She checked and realized she had the wrong person. Then off to another room to sign releases. She said, so you are having a TAH/BSO. I say no I am having a LAVH/BSO. After several phone conversations, she found out that I was right.

Moving on we go get my vitals. She is giving me the instructions and tells us to be at the hospital at 7:30 for surgery at 9:00. My doctor had told me that I needed to be there at 9:00 for a 10:30 surgery. She says that her schedule has me down for 9:00. I hope she is right, but will verify it today.

Woo was I pooped when I got home. But, I have decided that since it was such a mess with pre op, than the surgery and recovery will be smooth!! LOL.

Well, tomorrow is the day and I hope my jitters don't get much worse!! Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Pre op yesterday

((( Mary )))

Good for you! I'm so happy that you got it changed from out patient. I mean, no matter what the method - this is still major surgery.

I'm also happy that you were alert and informed and got all the other mistakes corrected.

Best wishes. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that all will go well for you tomorrow.

s
Unread 11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Pre op yesterday

Oh my, what a nightmare, but good for you for being on top of things and having a great attitude. Good luck and a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Pre op yesterday

Keep the eyes open to ALL paperwork!! READ IT ALL!!!

They had me written up for an LAVH when I was in for an LSH. I didnt let them do anything to me until it was all corrected and verified in person my by doctor. They said I would have still recieved the LSH but that what I saw was ONLY A CLERICAL ERROR.......but I dont care what they say.....It was fixed before I signed and proceeded one more step with my boyfriend witnessing it all.

They also moved my surgery time up....called me the night before interrupting my Citrate of Magnesia festivities and said I had to be in at 9am for a 10:30 surgery instead of 10am for an 11:30 surgery. I showed up at 8:45 but with all the "CLERICAL ERRORS" my surgery started at the original 11:30 time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register