DR wants D&C to remove fibroids | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DR wants D&C to remove fibroids DR wants D&C to remove fibroids

Unread 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM
DR wants D&C to remove fibroids

I had a D&C 18 mos ago to remove fibroids -after bleeding for 3 mos. Periods became regular and not too heavy. Now, periods are quite heavy but still regular. The problem is the pain. The last 3 mos I have moderate pain throughout the month that turns to severe pain before and during my period. I can feel my uterus protruding as if I were pregnant. The lump is from my pelvic bone to about 2 inches belw my belly button. Had an abdominal ultrasound. Fibroids are back. DR wants to do another D&C. I don't feel that I should have to keep having D&Cs. Anyone else have this problem? Thx Shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Re: DR wants D&C to remove fibroids

Hi Shell,

I had two large fibroids so I can relate to what you are going through. Fibroids are not fun!!

You might ask your Dr. if a UFE (Uterine Fibroid Embolization) or a myomectomy is a possibilty. A UFE is a procedure that shrinks fibroids and a myomectomy surgery removes the fibroids and leaves the uterus intact.

Also...you might want to get a 2nd opinion?? I got two opinions myself on my fibroids...and it is still one of the best things I ever did. I found out really fast that Drs can give varying opinions on how to proceed with fibroids.

In my case....I was done having children...so a hysterectomy was a good option for me. Possibly you are a candidate for a a less invasive hyst such as a LAVH, a TVH, a LSH or the newer DaVinci Robotic depending on the size of your fibroids?? I might suggest you go to the *Hysterectomy Checkpoints* link at the top of the web site and click on it and go to the *Pre-op* link and scroll down on it. It goes over the different types of hysts and questions to ask the Dr. I had a window of opportunity for a less invasive hyst due to the size of my fibroids so I opted for a laparoscopic hyst (LSH). If I had done a wait-and-see...my Dr. felt I would have only been a candidate for an abdominal hyst since most likely..my fibroids would have kept growing.

Just keep doing your research and asking your questions. We Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can.

And just remember...Drs give us options..and we make the final decision when it comes to our bodies. Just do what is right for you.

Sending best wishes~

Mary

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register