Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!? Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!?

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!?

I had a complete hyst and I am 10 days post op. I am spotting and cramping. The spotting is mainly pink tinge when I use the restroom and the cramping is constant like when I use to get my menses. Have any of you had this before? I put a call into the dr and left a message. I wonder if it is related to the surgery and the cuff or of its a bladder issue. It doesn't feel like bladder pain though, but then again I haven't had a bladder infection but twice in my life and it's been a while so I can't remember.
Anyway, Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.
Thank you for any replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Re: Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!?

I.just said pretty much the same thing last night.....let me know what your doctor says and hand in there
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Total hyst ... 10 days post op Spotting!? Cramping!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules0825 View Post
I.just said pretty much the same thing last night.....let me know what your doctor says and hand in there
So you are having same issues? Do you have your ovaries. I see we are pretty much on same timeline with surgery. Will definitely let you know. I'm laying with heating pad right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2014, 09:25 AM

I have one ovary the other one wouldn't stop bleeding so she had to take it. I had mine on Jan 27th so yeah we are really close. Was yours TVH or TAH?

I am really moody since yesterday though so maybe my ovary is struggling some....
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:31 AM

I'm 9 days post op from TVH and I've been having horrible cramping. No spotting after day 3. It feels like horrible menstrual cramps. (Which I never had before) Or very bad gas. I don't know what it is but it is debilitating and comes and goes throughout the day. I kept both my ovaries. Left ovary had a large cyst removed.
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM

Yours sounds like gas and pain from surgery in general....I have taken 6 pain pills in 12 days but that is how I felt when I woke up. Today is a pain pill day though
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Have you tried gasX?
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:49 AM

That's good you were able to keep one ovary! I has to have one removed a few yrs ago and my hormones adjusted pretty well. So sorry you aren't feeling well either though!

Dr just called and wants me to come in for a check at 1:20. The first question she asked was if I was constipated. I'm not anymore but was a few days ago... I've been doing things to prevent now... But this pain isn't like constipation cramping. It's more like menstral cramping. She thinks it may be bladder related but also wants to check my cuff. Will let you know after appt today.
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:55 AM

Mm maybe I should call mine too <sigh>
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:55 AM

I cLled and was told.to stay down today, she feels like I popped a stitch a little early and inflammation is likely causing the pain. I am too let her know if the bleeding increases

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register