2 Questions Lupron depot/Cervix Removal | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Questions Lupron depot/Cervix Removal 2 Questions Lupron depot/Cervix Removal

Unread 04-15-2004, 09:46 AM
2 Questions Lupron depot/Cervix Removal

I was reading a thread where someone refused to get the injection, my gyn is expecting me to come in and take this injection so that I will not have my April monthly. I am scheduled for surgery on May 06th, and my monthly has me severly anemic, I took a blood transfusion last week, and thanks to everyone who responded with me through the whole ordeal, it went fine, I'm alive and actually I feel a little more energetic since I got the blood. Has anyone seen the pictures of fibroids out on the hystersisters sponsors advertisement at the bottom of the page, I think his advertisement says his name is Dr. West and he does Hysterectomy Alternatives. I have been sick so long until my alternative is I don't have a alternative. I can care less if I don't ever see another monthly in my life. Also if someone can enlighten me on the part about whether or not to have the cervix removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 10:19 AM

I was on Lupron for 6 months and loved it. No bleeding, no pain, and I had energy that I had not had in ages. I did experience some night sweats, hot flashes and mood swings. But that was all mild compared to the pain and bleeding. But that is how it worked for me. It is not for everyone.

Your dr most likely wants you to try Lupron so that you do not run into further problems before surgery. I feel that he would not give you this option if he/she did not feel it would be beneficial to you. I suggest talking to your dr further about Lupron.

As for having your cervix removed, that is a decision you and your dr have to make. If there are problems with the cervix, then it might be best to have it removed. Thats what I am doing, I have had to have 2 surgeries to remove cancerous cells from my cervix. So in my decision to have a hysterectom, we decided that since there have been problems with my cervix, ovaries and uterus, everything must go. That will prevent my dr from having to go back in later to remove them.

Kedi
Unread 04-15-2004, 10:33 AM

I was on Lupron with Norenthidone for 6 months and I was completely miserable. It did stop the bleeding but I had horrible hot flashes, night sweats, depression, moodswings, insomnia, hair loss, bone pain, joint pain, muscle pain, and zero energy. Just to name a few.

Lupron is different in everyone.

As for the Cervix, I am schedule for a LSH on April 27th and I am keeping mine. I have never had a problem and for sexual reasons was advised to keep it. There are no foreseeable problems but if it arrives down the road, I will deal with it then.

Talk to your doc and tell him your concerns and make a decision that way.

Good Luck!

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 10:45 AM

I'm on Lupron with no periods! Yeah!!! I asked my doctor if I should take my next shot or not where my surgery is coming up on June and he wants me on it for the surgery.

Lupron is different for everyone, when I first started it it was great, now its not so great but it sounds like a very short term thing for you just to help with the surgery so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Cervix? Well I'm keeping mine under my doctors advise. Its suppose to help avoid prolapse (sp) and help with the sex drive. I have no issues with my cervix so hopefully it should work for me but if you do have issues with it you should probably take it out.

Take care,
Unread 04-16-2004, 05:47 AM
Lupron

Got to the doctor yesterday, and there was still confusion, The Nurse told me that first of all Aunt Flo should have arrived when I get the first injection which was not the case. Then she said it could make me flo heavier by 2. I said aunt flo already reminds me of a massacre when it is normal please don't tell me heavier. After a lot of tears they decided not to inject me and gave me Provera to help with Auntl Flo for April. Also confirmed I am on the calendar for the 6th of May

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register