Is it all in my head??? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it all in my head??? Is it all in my head???

Unread 07-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Is it all in my head???

Hi Sisters,

I am wondering if anyone else feels this way. My Dr. finally gave the okay to have surgery about 1 month ago. My hyst is scheduled for Aug 19.

Well, I feel like for the last 3 weeks that the pain has been worse than before the Dr. gave me a date. I am wondering if prior to knowing the surgery was going to happen, if I used mind over matter to try and make it through the day. I have suffered from incredible cramps and back pain since the last weekend in June. I have missed a day at work cause I could not move and I'm nearly out of 2 scripts of pain meds already. I have been utilizing a heating pad all the time and still find no relief. I don't remember it ever being this bad....

Help, please tell me I'm not going crazy!!

Stacey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Is it all in my head???

Hello Twostepper4life (Stacey)

I don't believe that it is all in your head. Sometimes the body does what is necessary to get by, even if that is to mask things and make them seem not as bad as they actually are. When you found out about your surgery, your body probably finally realized that it can start slacking on that part of the masking the pain and start worrying about other aspects that need to be taken care of. I know I probably sound crazy or something but it is try.....think about it. When you have a bad cut and it does not seem to hurt until you look at it and realize what has happened and you know it is going to hurt.....that's when it starts really hurting!!!!

So no...it's not all in your head!!!

Take Care and Be Well..........good luck

Alle

3 weeks post op today.....from TVH due to heavy bleeding, larg clots and excrutiating pain
Unread 07-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Is it all in my head???

Hi Two

I think Alle could be right! And maybe it has just gotten worse. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I will keep you in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Is it all in my head???

I can't tell you the whys behind it, but I experienced the same thing. I've had painful periods all my life--they had gotten significantly worse in the past year but the three weeks before my surgery were the most painful I had ever experienced!!! That pain blew all the others away! I just figured it was God's way of reinforcing that I had made the right decision!
I promise I don't miss it a bit!!!
Unread 07-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Is it all in my head???

I bled continuously from Dec 1st until June 22nd but it seemed like the last month the cramping and pain were some how more intense and my bleeding was so bad I was afraid that I would be carried away with the tide.

I have had really bad pain and heavy flow pretty much since I started my period when I was 11 so you would think that I would be used to it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register