Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?
Yes, I kept my ovaries. 2,500 47.55%
Yes, I kept ONE ovary. 592 11.26%
Yes, I kept one/both ovaries but they were removed during a later surgery. 78 1.48%
No, both ovaries were removed during my hysterectomy. 2,088 39.71%
Voters: 5258. You may not vote on this poll

Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries?

Unread 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Re: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?

Im 47 and done with them. I had the option to have them gone or keep them i choose to get rid of them . Not sure if it was a good decision but its too late to change it now. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2012, 01:15 AM

I had mine removed. For me it was a good decision. I take 1 mg of estradiol a day and have no more problems!
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM

Had an emergency SAH due to bleeding during a d and c. Kept my ovaries and a portion of my cervix. Very thankful I won't be going into menopause top early since I'm only 34.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2012, 09:01 AM

I had a TAH kept my ovaries and I am 4 weeks post op. I feel teriffic !! Best thing I ever did. I had 7 annoying fibroids. I feel like a brand new person. I also use to experience migranes. Not sure if it was from the Birth control I was taking , but now I'm headache free. My recovery is going great. No weight gain. In fact I lost 5 pounds. Should have done this years ago.
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries?

I kept mine because I'm 36 and they are healthy, so my dr saw no reason to take them. I don't think I would have had the hysterectomy right now if my dr wanted to take them, or I might have gotten a second opinion. I had my hysterectomy because I had abnormal bleeding. I had an ablation last year with no luck.
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM

I was planning on keeping my left ovary (right was painful during periods) but during hyster my doc found endometriosis and felt it prudent to remove both.
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries?

Yes! Had SAH 6 days ago. Dr was concerned that ovaries might have been crushed by enlarged uterus and gigantic fibroids. I wanted to keep them if possible. After surgery dr reported that they looked "beautiful," and left them in. I feel too young for menopause/HRT, so I'm glad to have them. I'm proud of them for surviving (especially since one giant fibroid had gone necrotic and attached itself to bowel-- so glad ovaries escaped that).
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:38 PM

No. But not upset about it. Using vivelle for hrt and feel just like I did prior to surgery. Also don't need progesterone and glad about that.
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM

Only kept 1 on the right side..left side was damaged by enlarged uterus due to 4 large fibroids.. everything feels good no more pain no more symptoms shoulda had this done a long time ago
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:21 AM

I still have both of my ovaries, for now. my hysterectomy was a result of a number of issues and an on going battle with my lady parts is still in progress. I self diagnosed myself with endo and later had confirmed by my gyn. a second surgery to get some of the endo removed and they still left both of the ovaries! well i still have to stand up slowly so the feeling of knives in my gut won't knock me down. Anyways after all the efforts to "save" the ovaries including a medically induced stint in the menopause land at age 33, I am now looking at giving up the ovaries or at least one. To all the hyster sisters jumping through the same hoops, I feel ya! Good luck to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register