Swelly Belly Band good for TVH too??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly Band good for TVH too??? Swelly Belly Band good for TVH too???

Unread 06-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Swelly Belly Band good for TVH too???

Hello, Can anyone tell me if they have used the Swelly Belly Band for TVH???I see that all those that have used it had TAH so not sure if I should still buy one or not being I won't have any incisions? I apologize if this seems as a stupid question..I am new and unsure what to buy to make sure I am AS comfortable as possible..??? Thanks for any suggestions or experiences that anyone might want to share..
God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
SwellyBelly Band good for TVH too???

Hi, I am day 7 today for a TVH plus bladder suspension, plus rectocele and vaginal wall repair. I have very little belly swelling!!- It sort of looks like just after you have a baby .. a little mushy but not huge at all!! With the rectocele repair- comes for me the most discomfort. I was expecting the worst and found the surgery to be not so bad. Just can't believe how drained my energy is after just getting up to take a shower!! I know it is only day 7 but when you have very little pain (lucky not taking any pain pills) you think you can do more but I know just because I can't see the stiches they are there. So to your question about should you be prepared for a swelly belly - I think everyone is different and each will have some similar and unique symptoms but if you go into the surgery with good health and good attitude and faith in your surgeon, you will be surprised how you will feel after the surgery. Best of Luck.

TVH, Bladder suspension, rectocele, cystocele and more!!!
Unread 06-15-2005, 04:18 PM

Hi WestCoastWoman,

Interesting! You have smushy belly, not swelly belly, eh? Were you experiencing an enlarged uterus prior to surgery? I'm just like the original poster (sorryyyy, I forgot your name!), curious because my LAVH is scheduled for early-Aug.

Robin

p.s. what do you suppose causes the weakness everyone seems to report? The loss of blood? Anesthesia? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 06:26 AM

I am 4 days after TVH and I also have a squishy (smaller) belly than before. The only time it swells up is with the gas (!) and I don't want anything pressing on my belly when I have the gas pains. If you haven't already read it, take GasX with you. Saved my sanity.
Unread 06-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Swelly Belly Band good for TVH too??

Mercystreet- I did have an enlarged uterus- as the Dr said it was "a big lumpy bumpy" ( many fibroids) I like it when the Dr.'s get so technical(LOL) I bought the gas X and a stool softener as recommended from other sisters here on the site. I have not had to take anything for the gas- walking really helps. But the stool softener was a blessing. I drank lots of water, walked, ate fibre but things were not running well there. Now I have increased the water and added prune nector(on ice) and prunes to my diet and all seems well. As for the weakness, I think the anesthesia as well as the trauma of the surgery contributes to this. I am hoping each day I will feel a little stronger- I know today has been a good day No Napping just a quiet time in bed with a good book!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register