Getting Close.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Close.... Getting Close....

Unread 11-14-2001, 10:30 PM
Getting Close....

I am in count-down phase...and things are getting close. I have my pre-op on Friday then go in to the castle on the 26th, the monday after Thanksgiving. (I hope the Dr. practices well on her turkey my removing it's gizzards But I feel myself getting a sore throat or something! I don't need this.....I have read alot of posts of this happening. Could this be my head playing tricks on me??? Maybe it is all in my head and I should just forget it until Friday then talk to the DR about it. What do you all think?
This sight has been a savior for me and has helped me maintain partial sanity at least Thank you all very much.....I don't think I could have made it without you all!
Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2001, 11:37 AM
Getting Close....

Hi Terri!
So glad to see I'm not the only one going to the castle on the 26th!! I have my pre op for the hospital this Monday the 19th and then my pre op with my dr later that day.
I'm scheduled for 12:40pm on the 26th for a TAH removing ovaries as well. My tubes are already gone.
I, too, keep feeling like I'm getting a cold, then it goes away, then comes back....... I just hope it stays away!! For you, too!!
I'm feeling calmer than I expected to be at this point. How about you?
I'm very organized and have everything pretty much in order and no one in the family will let me do Thankgiving or Christmas dinner this year (which I ALWAYS do). But I've decided to give in and not argue because I know they're all saying it because they care. They agreed to let me do the desserts so that's keeping me busy.
If you want to email, let me know! I'd be happy to talk to you while we're waiting for our visit to the castle.
Unread 11-15-2001, 12:23 PM
Getting Close....

I am heading for the castle on the 26th too. I am starting to get very nervous again. I have done really well the past week. But now the fear has kicked in. I have my Christmas tree up because it will give me something to gaze at. I am trying to finish my Christmas shopping. Thank goodness I have such a small family. My mom is trying to do the same since she will be caring for me. Now I am worried that I will never find a man. In my head I figure once he finds out I can't have kids he won't mess going out with me. I know that isn't very positive thinking. I find myself starting to get emotional. I have to get a grip on this. I have found that the more I read this website the better off I feel. It is very reassuring to hear that the waiting is the worst part. I just dread the waking up and walking for the first time. Ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2001, 12:54 PM
Getting Close....

If this a 26th party, I guess I had better join too. I too have had a sore throat and my sinuses are so messed up in the mornings that I cough and blow till my stomach hurts. Don't want to have to do that after. I go for pre-op tomorrow and will ask the doctor about it.
I've been trying to decide when to put up the tree and stuff. DH pointed out that if he does it, I'll never be happy with it, so I guess I need to do that next weekend.
My hardest part has been trying to get DH to sit down and help me decide about ovaries. If I have a choice, I think we should decide this together. I would really like to have this decided by tomorrow. I think he is scared and doesn't want to discuss it.
I don't have my house or yard cleaned yet. I have been vegetating, can't seem to get off my can for anything. I envy those who went into cleaning mode.
We'll have to get together on the 25 and have a good cry.

Pam
Unread 11-15-2001, 01:35 PM
Getting Close....

Hi Sisters! Glad to know that I am NOT alone. I have my pre op tomorrow as well Pam at 9 am then go to the Dr. after that. I have felt crappy all day....kind of, well just BLAGH!! I think it may be nerves because of the pre-ops tomorrow, at least I hope that is all it is.
I too am trying to finish up Christmas shopping and have re-arranged my bedroom and both of my kids rooms....what next???
I am doing Thanksgiving dinner here, just so I can keep my mind busy I hope you ALL have a good experience at the castle and lets keep in touch before and after this.

Terri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register