Nearly six weeks in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearly six weeks in Nearly six weeks in

Unread 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Nearly six weeks in

I had TAH, cervix, tubes etc all gone after terrible menopause,did great in hospital, was out in two days and for first two weeks was ok, now the pain keeps me awake, I do odd jobs round house and DH does the heavy stuff, but find exhausted and tummy sore after, never been able to nap during day, but do put feet up, and as for emotions, I am either snarling or crying, laughing still causes jagged pain, see Gyno in couple of weeks but have contacted GP, who say I am not resting enough and probably a slow healer......I truly thought pain would be a lot better than this? and would be planning return to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Re: Nearly six weeks in

Hi alexander2911, and welcome! Your body generally tells you when you're doing too much. I think yours is telling you. I know it's frustrating, but your body has been through a lot, you will get to where you need to be. You use your core when laughing, sneezing and coughing, it will improve as you heal. Everyone heals a different pace. I don't think of it as you being a slow healer. I think that your body is healing at the right pace for you. Recovery for a TAH is 4-6 weeks, so technically you still have some time Your body has been through a lot, slowly but surely you will improve. If you look at the post op hysterectomy checkpoints on this site, it gives you a general idea of where you should be at each stage in your recovery.
I know that you wanted to be further along, but it'll happen. If you still have pain meds, take them so that your body can focus less on the pain and more on your healing. An ice pack helped tremendously with the soreness.

Hang in there sweetie. It does get better

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:54 PM

HEY! we had the same thing on the same day, but I kept my ovaries. We aren't 6 weeks we are 4 weeks and 3 days! This coming Monday is only the start of week 5. Take it easy on yourself. I am still having good days and bad days and although I only work part time I won't be going back until my doc clears me (hopefully) next Friday, and back to work April 1. Don't feel pressured to rush yourself, we truly have a TON going on, on the inside. I view all this unseen, inside activity as the reason I am tired.....my body is working even though I don't seem to be doing much.
I have spent several days in the last week on the couch. Yesterday I had the migraine from H E double hockey sticks and rested all day. Listen to your body, it will lead you in the right direction!
I hope you feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM

Hope so, as not a good patient lol, thanks
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:17 PM

I had mine done on Feb. 18th too. I am tired at the end of the day too. Remember that you are still healing. It is easy to overdo especially if you have a day that you are feeling good. I went back to work for only 20hrs a week. Can't imagine working full time. I go back to my dr. April 2nd and hopefully I will get the ok to start yoga again
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:19 PM

I also have had a total hysterectomy and am 5 weeks since surgery and have days where I'm just tired in the evenings thats my cue to put my feet up and rest. Listen to your body and take the time to really rest. Hang in there it will get better as I believe
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM

I am just over 6 weeks out. Like all the other princesses are saying, listen to your body. We all have one chance to heal right the first time. You had an organ removed! Lots of blood vessels and ligaments that need to heal on the inside. Blessings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register