Scheduled SAH Looking for reason to cancel "Anxiety" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking for reason to cancel "Anxiety" Looking for reason to cancel "Anxiety"

Unread 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Looking for reason to cancel "Anxiety"

Hi Sisters, My anxiety level soared to a 10 after receiving the Pre Op instructions yesterday. After years of suffering with fibroids, anemia, fatigue, heavy bleeding and pain, I decided to get the SAH. The fibroids are too large for any other proceedure. My date is approaching soon and my unexpected nerves are here. Thinking of many reasons to postpone. I know I NEED the Surgery but............ I am praying for this feeling to Pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Re: Looking for reason to cancel "Anxiety"

Hang in there. I was terrified but needed it done for the same reasons as you. Looking back, I'm thankful that I went ahead despite my fears. I'm looking forward to a whole new life without pain, anemia, and horrible bleeding.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM

You can do this! You've already suffered through so much. Keep the goal in mind of a healthy body (and mind). My doctor always gives me a few xanax before surgery because I do start to panic too. It's something you could talk to your doctor about. I stop sleeping/eating/functioning. You are not alone in your anxiety! Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM

I did the same thing. I really want nothing more than to have this hysterectomy TAH BBO ( I think that's correct abbreviation?). Once I got the final date etc i panicked. I think what has finally helped a bit, is I started my period last weekend. Now, 6 days into it, with no relief in sight, I am actually happily awaiting this to be over. There are still some nerves here, but having this "reminder" helped.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM

Those feelings are absolutely normal. Eventhough we know it's what we need, we still get scared. And IT'S OKAY. You are going to be okay. Focus on the better quality of life that lies ahead.

I knew that having my surgery was what I needed and wanted, but I still had some doubt and was looking for an excuse to back out. Until I was standing in the checkout line in Target one morning and the flood gates opened up, and I watched in horror as clots and a river ran down my legs on the floor. That was my reminder of why I needed this. What's yours?
Here's a quote that may help you:

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows. It empties today of it's strength."
Corrie Ten Boom

Focus on the good things. You'll be okay
Lots of ((HUGS)) to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register