I'm feeling blue... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm feeling blue... I'm feeling blue...

Unread 06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Hey ladies,
At my 2WK checkup today my doc asked me if I was hormonal and I told him no..I thought since you had an ovary, you wouldn't be..Well it just hit right now, I can't stop crying..I think its just the fact of not being able to have children and even if we tried and tried every option out there, it just didn't happen for us. We were going to adopt but decided not to at the end for personal reasons..Its hard and I pray I get to feelilng better..

Sorry for whining..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm feeling blue...

MissyMe67

You're not whining...you're going through a normal post-op reaction in my opinion. I had frequent weepy spells for a few weeks post-op, even though I was in menopause and had both ovaries taken. I understand that even though you may have an ovary, it can sometimes "go to sleep" for up to a few weeks post-op due to the shock of surgery. That could be why your doctor asked the question. Please give him a call if your "blue" feeling continues.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.... s........Wendy
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Thanks Wendy,
Yup, I'll be giving him a call tomorrow..I don't like feeling this way...

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Hope you don't mind a virtual hug from a stranger!

I am so new to all this, I have no advice or words of wisdom, just a hug!

I wish you a painless, non complicated recovery and I hope that you have someone in real life to help you through this hard time.
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Thank you so much Pooh Kitty, I love hugs ** And your not a stranger, your my hister sista

I'm okay, I just want this feeling to pass...I'm gonna take a shower in a minute and smell good And drink some tea...

To all my sistas on here, I hope we all have a pain free nite!
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Hi MissyMe,
I also went through a very bad weepy period from about two days after surgery until about four weeks and I left both ovaries. I was told when they remove the uterus it cuts off the blood supply to the ovaries and they "go to sleep" for awhile. Mine have since come back on and tests show they are working fine. Hope you will return to normal soon.
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm feeling blue...

Hi MissyMe,
Earlier this year, DH and I thought about adopting. We have our fosters license and did take a number of emergency placements. We had some really good experiences, and some really rough ones. I can understand changing your mind on going through that process; we certainly did. AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU CHANGING YOUR MIND. Kudos to those who can go through the adoption systems: we just ultimately couldn't do it. Mind you, Dh and I have two at the moment. (Hah! I just caught myself-- no more moments-- we will have two and only two-- ever. I'm done!!! Okay, that was a major break thru for me just now.)

Anyway, my sister-in-law always had repro problems, and she also went through a hyster and got it all removed (and I mean all of it.) Being from two big families who have tons of kids and having lots of friends (married and single) who have kids, my brother and SIl's decision was to become "the ultimate uncle and aunt." So they have taken that role very seriously in doing everything from having kid-friendly gatherings, all-family gatherings and even going so far as to offering to be last will and testament parents for a good number of us.

I'm sorry you are feeling poorly at the moment. There will be good times and rough times, like now. Big hugs!!! The two of you will continue to discuss your options and figure out what you want to do, but the important thing right now is to continue on your path of healing yourself to full wellness.

I agree with Spinflyer, the crying seems to be a very normal post-op reaction. Mine hit me a few days after I got home from the castle, and I occasionally get whupped upside the head from a particularly heartwrenching car, potato chip or beer commercial (hey, it doesn't take much for me right now.)

I define "whining" as something that's bugging you that you can do something about, but choose not to do it. That is not you at all at the moment. At two weeks, you (and I) still have tender hearts and tender hoo hoos (that's the word I use to tease my DH on our private parts.) Take good care of yourself. Your friends and family need you to be well.

If you find that between now and your next doc's appt that you need some hormonal support, just call the doc's office and explain what is going on. I am sure they would be willing to help with whatever you need.
Pamper your princess!
Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register