Re-admitted w/ systemic infection, complain about neighbors? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Re-admitted w/ systemic infection, complain about neighbors? Re-admitted w/ systemic infection, complain about neighbors?

Unread 05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Re-admitted w/ systemic infection, complain about neighbors?

I know it isn"t the Waldorf, but I believe in respecting other peoples peace and quiet. I've been unable to rest at all between the nurse telling me to get up and walk it off and these kids literally bouncing off the walls. No, it is not cute. Yes, I am crabby being on night 3 of a readmit and still no closer to an answer.

Patients bill of rights? Peaceful recovery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Re: Re-admitted w/ systemic infection, complain about neighbors?

Can you ask for a different room? I understand what you mean about respecting other people's peace and quiet. My room mate decided that having music 18 hours a day or watching movies (both from her computer) was the thing to do on her second day. She also had a ton of people visiting the first day. I didn't mind for the first 12 hours but then I got fed up. I didn't say anything to her because she was really sick and asleep most of the time (Why she had the computer running and/or didn't use headphones, I don't know since she was asleep most of the day). The poor thing had blood transfusions in the OR and was going to be having more. There was a reason why I asked for a private room, unfortunately one wasn't available. I didn't want to be dealing with someone else's quirks. I felt sorry for her but at the same time, I was unhappy because she didn't seem to respect my wishes of peace and quiet.
Unread 05-15-2011, 06:43 PM

See if there is a different room available. I know that sometimes it can be tough if you get a roommate who is not considerate. Last time I was in hospital I got lucky the first few days but then got the roommate from he.. She was so bossy and rude. One of her visitors asked me when I was going back to bed so that they could sit in my chair!! I went to nurse and asked if there was a room where I could escape. And that is what I ended up doing. They had a sitting room for patients and visitors and no one was there so I used the sofa to sleep for a couple hours. I ended up with the nurse's having to tell her to keep her tv low and to not have more than two visitors at a time. It was a pain but luckily the nurse's got me a different room with a reasonable roommate. I would tell the nurse's and see if there is anything they can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2011, 07:37 PM

My hospital is all private rooms, so that's awesome. These kids were literally bouncing off the walls. Parents didn't care, one of the nurses told me I needed to be up anyway, I told her id be happy to get up and find a new room, which we did.
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Glad to hear that you are in a better spot. Take care of yourself and I hope that you feel better soon.
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM

The morphine duplicated it. That's my story...
Unread 05-15-2011, 11:30 PM

I was placed on the Maternity Ward so had a screaming infant all night the first night. THen my wonderful roommate had nasal surgery and snored. On the second night at about 11pm I was informed they needed to move me to the Paed Ward as my bed was needed for another Maternity patient. I was relocated to the Paed Ward and listened to a screaming kid all night! I couldnt wait to get home to rest!!!!
Unread 05-16-2011, 05:13 AM

My "neighbour" on my ward had her mobile ringing constantly and she had very loud conversations with the person ringing, so rude and inconsiderate ! there were posters up over the ward saying mobiles should be on silent. Some people just don't give a toss about anyone else.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register