Doc almost rescheduled...Yikes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doc almost rescheduled...Yikes! Doc almost rescheduled...Yikes!

Unread 06-28-2004, 05:26 AM
Doc almost rescheduled...Yikes!

Hey, just got back from a very short pre-surgery vacation and it felt nice. Did bit of boating and caught a few fish....

Anyway, late last week my doc tried to move my surgery to July 14, saying it was a really busy day for her. Well, the people taking care of me and my things have busy days also.

I told her that we have made plans in stone. Family members have canceled vacation time to be with me, etc. and my husband has taken a week off of work.

Additionally, and perhaps wishful thinking is that I have a concert ticket that I paid A LOT of money for for July 19, which is a bit over two weeks post-op. I told my doc that I am going to that show if I must be wheeled in on a dolly!

Anyway, she said she could do it at noon, but asked me if I had a problem with that. I said, "I've been waiting for this for YEARS and I don't think a few more hours will matter at this point".

So, it is still July 7, but at Noon. Whew! Darned docs.....

Take care,

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 08:23 AM

Hi Jackie,

I'm glad you were able to keep your original date. Doctors are notorious for overbooking themselves!!

Best wishes for surgery and enjoy your concert (I hope you're up to it by then!)

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-28-2004, 10:01 AM

I had my thyroid surgery rescheduled and it was hell. I had everything set up at work, with my hubby's work and with people taking care of my daughter.

What concert are you going to? I'm going to a Van Halen concert on the 10th, which will probably be the last real hoorah for the rest of my summer

Glad to hear that you will have surgery on the day planned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2004, 03:29 PM

((( Jackie)))

Good for you, I'm happy that you could keep your original date and not have to try to rework yours and your family's schedules. My dr asked me to postpone my surgery from a Friday til the following Monday - he did this on the day before. I begged and we also went ahead as planned. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you.

s
Unread 06-29-2004, 08:54 AM

Thanks everyone! Apparently, I am my doc's third surgery for the day. Wow! I hear that this is not unusual and that docs do much more than that in a day.

Hey, Karma. Yes, I am also going to Van Halen on July 19. I cannot wait! It's actually fun to go off-topic for a bit here.....the thoughts of the surgery have a tendency to consume thoughts!

I have seen David Lee Roth on his own and have been to four Sammy Hagar concerts. This is my first actual Van Halen concert, though! I am even in a Sammy Hagar video from a few years back. Our former professions (DJs) brought us close to many entertainers over the years. We have both since retrained, but I still miss the "business". I am now in nutritional pharmaceuticals and my husband is a financial planner.

Well, who says we can't still rock?....even two weeks post-op? (Perhaps wishful thinking?) This week, we have several other shows also. I have up-front for Crosby, Stills and Nash and will meet ZZ Top on July 4. My surgery once again is July 7, so at least I'll be able to hoot and holler....which is a great way to handle the pre-surgery stress! Next month is Chicago with Earth, Wind and fire so I have much to look forward to. Can you tell I LOVE music? It drives me....

I try to remain in great physical condition by hiking, rock climbing, sailing, and kayaking, so I have reason to believe that this surgery will be a piece of cake for me!

Thanks for listening to the off-topic stuff.....it felt sooooooo good to be a "person".

Jackie
Unread 06-29-2004, 11:23 AM

My doctor actually cancelled a Menorial Day weekend fishing trip with his dad to take me that Friday. I was really impressed by that. The lady doing the scheduling said that it might be hard to find people willing to work that day, but I had my surgery at 4:00. That gave my husband a long quiet weekend to take care of me.
Unread 06-29-2004, 12:23 PM

This is one of my greatest fears. I have been trying for years to figure out how I could find time for my surgery. This summer all the classes I had planned to teach for summer school (which is overtime; I still get my regular pay whether I teach or not) were cancelled due to low enrollment. It's going to be tricky coming up with my son's college tuition this fall, but we'll manage. I figured, OK, this is it! and scheduled the surgery for July 20, the earliest date available. If it gets rescheduled, I may have to wait several more years before another opportunity opens up...
Unread 06-29-2004, 04:17 PM

Karen, yes, it's so hard to find the time. In my case, it just needed to be done ASAP so all of the guesswork was taken out for me....

Genice, wow, what a wonderful doctor. Must have a heart made of gold!

Take care,

Jackie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register