I'm ready. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-06-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm ready.

Today, I see my ob/gyn for my consultation. I was "hyst"erical in the wee hours of the a.m. about this, but somehow, I have this tremendous feeling of peace; a feeling that I'm doing the right thing and that I WILL make it through this. I don't have the greatest support network in the world (hubby, who has to work, my gramma, who's 82, and my dad, who lives far away. So who takes care of my toddler?!), but I'll make it. I know this is for the best. I just want to get it over with. My hubby and dad say the "Princess Package," which I desperately want, would be a waste of money, and won't order it for me, which really upsets me (I got rid of all my credit cards and don't have one of my own). I don't think they understand that I'm going to need some serious comfort. Plus, if I have an ab hyst., I'll need something for swelly-belly, which they also think is nuts. Why do guys have fewer body parts to lose than we do?! - Love, Sistersong -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm ready.

I didn't find this site until after I was home from the Castle. It is a great resource. Would have helped me ask some more informed questions of the docs in advance of my surgery. It has been a great comfort to me to know that a lot of what I'm going through is "normal".

If you can't get the swelly-belly-band, I'd like to suggest a first aid ice pack and tons of pillows. Also ask your surgeon about a support panty (not so heavy as a girdle, but more firm than cotton briefs) to help your tummy while you recover. I didn't use one until I returned to my office work routine, but I do love it now when I have to be on my feet a lot.

Keep us posted on your appointment.

Nice blog, by the way, I checked out the link under your avatar here!
Unread 01-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks! :)

Thanks, Sanguiness. I got my consult done and my appt. scheduled ... he's going to do a laparascopy-assisted-vaginal hyst. (is there a shorter name for that?!) the day before my birthday. Hubby caved and ordered me the Princess Package. At least I'll have a comfy sleep-shirt and helpful reading material while I'm at the Castle. He said I'll be there for three days. Urgh. I hope my hubby remembers to feed and water the cats, feed my son, give him his inhaler, do the dishes, get the trash out, remember my birthday ... oh, wait! Am I going on too much?!
I'm so glad this site's helped you. I hope it does me, too! Keep in touch if you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm ready.

pssst... your procedure is known here as LAVH how about that for short?

And, you can always write lists for your DH so he doesn't forget to feed your son! I have a cat, and trust me, he doesn't miss a meal - always lets me know if the bowl is lacking!

Take care of yourself, and keep on writing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register