sick or stress? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sick or stress? sick or stress?

Unread 02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
sick or stress?

Hi all. My TAH is on Monday. Nerves have really started kicking in the last day or two. And now I have a stuffy head - not too terrible, but it seems to slowly be getting worse. I am hoping it is stress, but just in case I am eating oranges and taking vitamin c and echinacea. Don't want to load up on pills - going to stop taking the echinacea on Saturday - but so scared if I get sick they will cancel the surgery. Having hot steamy showers seems to help too. We have a long distance to travel (11 hour trip) for surgery, so don't want to take any chances. Going to buy a nettipot to see if that will help clean my sinuses. Anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce stress or how to determine if my stuffiness is just stress related? Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent a cold/sinusitus? Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Re: sick or stress?

Hi - I'm sorry you are feeling sick just before surgery, that in itself is stressful. I always use Sudafed when I feel I am coming down with a stuffy head/nose/ears, and it works great (the real Sudafed you have to get from the pharmacist versus the stuff on the shelf which is much more ineffective for me). While you may have in part gotten sick because stress can lower one's immunity, I would just focus on getting the symptoms under control with a lot of hydration, rest, and whatever medication you are permitted to take so close to your surgery date. I'm not sure they would cancel your surgery for a cold only but of course you want to go into surgery in the best form possible. I'm sorry you have to travel so far for your surgery Rest up and best of luck with your surgery/recovery.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Re: sick or stress?

Ohdelia - Please, please call your doctor regarding your condition and what meds he or she would suggest. There is a long list of dos and dont's before your surgery. You should always check with your doctor - even herbs and "natural" products can cause issues. Do not take anything without their okay.

They may or may not cancel your surgery, but they need to know if you are feeling sick, or have a cold, etc.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register