Anyone fall in a heap 7 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone fall in a heap 7 days post op Anyone fall in a heap 7 days post op

Unread 11-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Anyone fall in a heap 7 days post op

Hi all, I had my LAVH and rectocele repair on 15 th Nov. I had a blood loss in surgery due to a nicked vessel but luckily didn't need transfusion.

I felt great the first few days post op, energetic and positive aside from being dizzy and faint. I had minimal pain.

However, yesterday, I let my pain meds wear off and ended up crying from pain. I took my meds, went to bed exhausted. Last night I woke up at 4am with throbbing pain deep inside and had a small bright loss when I went to toilet. I am exhausted today and still sore but not bleeding. I am also feeling down and can't seem to tolerate any stress. Is this normal? I still have my ovaries. Thanks for your time, melody x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Re: Anyone fall in a heap 7 days post op

I am feeling the same. I had everything removed on 15th November and felt very positive about the whole situation. Today I woke up very swollen and very tearful.. I ahve been told that this is, in part, due to the fact that I have had my ovaeries removed, but also a reaction to the trauma my body has undergone.

I have been advised that this is completely normal, even though O feel like a complete fraud, seeing as I seemed to be doing so well.

I have realised that I am feeling sadness for myself. I had lost a lot of weight prior to surgery (intentionally) and now I feel that I am very unattractive and swollen.

I guess this is part post surgery reaction and partly due to the hormonal response to having my ovaries taken out?

I guess it is a question of staying strong, whilst recognising the significance of exactly what we have been through.

Hang on in there...it has to be better than what we were going through pre-surgery, even if it does not feel like it.

xx
Unread 11-23-2012, 12:46 PM

I had a TAH nov 16 and was feeling pretty good when I came home the Sunday. By Wednesday I had been up
Vomiting and it's been down hill ever since. One of my staples have come loose so I have a constant drip of blood
Comming out. I feel like a train hit me and am telling myself when will I feel a little better? Having a hard time the pain
Amd nausea. Pretty down right now.
Thank God for my hubby helping .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM

Please try to Hang in there girls!!! I had my surgery on 11/15 & did GREAT the first 4 days.It seemed too good to be true. By day 5 I felt TERRIBLE!! My GYN warned me those days would be rough. I was dizzy, had slight nausea, felt weird in my head & was extremely weak. I've never experienced weakness that severe. I was barely able to walk to the bathroom. Luckily it went away as quick as it came on. Today I'm 9 days Post Op & feel GREAT!!!! I actually left the house for a couple of hours for lunch. You should be feeling much better in a few days.
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Oh man I know all to well. I had my surgery on the Tuesday the 13th, late night on Saturday I was running a low grade fever and told by on call doc to get checked at the er. Went to my local er and they rehydrated me gave me pain meds and sent me home. Called my doc in tears on monday the 19th, told me to come see him the next day cause it was so late in the day when he called me back. Went and saw him the next day and he readmitted me to the hospital. They found out I have a baseball size clot where the uterus use to be and the start of an infection. I have felt like hell and am finally getting a wee bit of relief after iv antibiotics in the hospital and now being on more at home here with more pain killers then I ever wanted to need. My clot is finally breaking up some and draining out, but its just awful how bad it smells and the amount of pain it causes when a piece is working its way out. I really have regretted this, at least before I didn't have pain all the time I just had the huge inconvenience and needing an iron infusion every 3 months. All the stupid videos they had me watch praised the da vinci as basically making it so much easier on you and that it will hardly interfere with your life, that is so far from the truth. This complication that has popped up could end up costing my husband his job due to the fact I can hardly get the 15 feet from my bed to the bathroom with out his help. I am so frustrated at this point with it all.
Unread 11-25-2012, 05:21 AM

Thanks ladies, I am feeling slightly better today.

Deadheadstella, hope u feel better soon!

Gentle Hugs, Melody xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register