CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

My favorite toy was an Etch A Sketch. I enjoyed trying to draw with it. I would spend hours working on it and then I would shake it upside down and start all over again. Those were the days when toys were simple!!!!!! I was about 10 years old when I got this toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
My favorite "toy"

I am 51 years old, and what I remember most was my "dress-up" box. Mom and Grandma put their old dresses and shoes and jewelry in a big cardboard box int he basement, and my sister and I and our girlfriends spent COUNTLESS hours dressing up as princesses, "society" women, and anything else our imaginations could come up with. We added our own items as well, and throughout the years the box got bigger and more fun!
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM

I loved my Velvet and Chrissy dolls. They had hair that you could pull out and make longer, and a dial on their stomachs to shorten their hair. I had more fun doing various hairstyles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Wink - CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

My favorite toy was a Skat Skoota, which I got for Christmas when I was about 6 or 7. This toy was built like a pair of steps, which propessed you forward as you moved your legs up and down on them. I regret that I didn't have them long because the steps were "heavy duty" (HA!) plastic. If durability counts, you can't beat those good old shoe skates!

Elysium221B
Unread 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM

I loved my Merlin game. Would sit for hours and play with that thing! Merlin would have come in handy during my post op time!!
Unread 12-02-2008, 01:26 PM

My favorite toy was what we called HoneyBaby. It was a little yellow doll that I carried every where. My grandmother bought each granddaughter one for their first Christmas. Mine was well used. I wanted to be a doctor, so I drew stiches on her so that I could "heal" her. Last year, I found one on e-bay to go with the much loved one I still have. That way I can pass it on.
Unread 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM

Roller skates. Not the fancy inline skates you see now but the old metal clip on the shoe kind that required a skate key to adjust them. I loved those roller skates. I zoomed all over the neighborhood in them and even learned to jump the uneven cracks in the sidewalks to keep from falling.

I'll be 57 next month and I still wish I had those silly skates.
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:09 PM

I am 37yrs old, when I was 9 I received a stuffed white baby seal, approx. 10" long, I used to snuggle that guy every night, even when I moved out on my own at 19yrs!

I still have him!
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:38 PM

wow to pick just one, thankfully I can pick more then one. So to start off.... I would have to say my cabbage patch doll. I must have been 5 or 6. I loved her so much, I even still have her birth certificate and the doll. My two daughters have played with her and I have my brothers as well, and they played with him too. I used to beg my mom for clothes for her and we would get baby clothes, mostly preemie, and then after I had my oldest daughter we gave her the cutest little dress night gown that my daughter had worn. I had named her baby (no imagination I guess) but my kids have all given her a different name. The boy cabbage patch was given my brothers name and the kids kept that one... funny huh.
Luckly they have survived all the torture and are still around to hopefully bring wonderful memories to my grand children. I will be 34 next month, and it shocks me how well she has held up. To add to this we (my brother and I) started to collect the garbage pail kid cards, and again, I still have the whole stack of them right with that birth certificate. In my mind they go together I hope you don't think of that as two toys.

Thanks for this post. It is wonderful to remember all the good times I had with that baby as well as being able to watch my children play with her too.
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM

I am 50 years old. My favorite childhood toy was a miniature (reel to reel) tape recorder. At the time, it was the cream of the crop for making recordings. I would tape music off the radio and then play them back while I played along with the organ and piano. I stayed inside all winter that year. Wouldn't share it with my friends and they all thought I was crazy.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register