not lurking anymore I have signed on | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not lurking anymore I have signed on not lurking anymore I have signed on

Unread 02-08-2002, 08:57 AM
not lurking anymore I have signed on

hello, I am new to this so bear with me while I try to figure out the abbreviations. I have a large fibroid uterine on the interior cycling basically constantly and am slated for lap. hysterectomy end of March but date has been postponed many times and we just added the ovaries to be removed because my Mom was diagnosed with a massive fast growing uterine tumour last week. I am hypertensive and she has congestive heart disease, Mom is on a an emergency surgery waiting list, her surgery will be body lengh wise and removal of everything including nodes for biopsy and we are hopeful it will be Monday, I teased her that it is people like her that keep bumping people like me since I have been waiting since Oct. 01. I treid to con her Dr. for a 2 for the price of one deal ha ha. I guess thats it for now until I figure out if I did this right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2002, 09:15 AM
Great job!

Welcome Deirdre! You've done great. I'm so sorry to hear about both you and your mom. I travelled a long road with my parents and in-laws having chronic illnesses. My dad was the one with CHF. Oh, yeah, and I too, am hypertensive as you are. I think keeping a good sense of humor and even a "gallows" humor was what my sister said got me through everything. I see from your writing that you're trying to keep up the spirit. What a great relief that must be to your mom. I wish you well with your operation, sorry you have to wait so long. Did you tell the doc you'd share a gurney for that two-fer?
Unread 02-08-2002, 11:26 AM

not only the the guerny but the bed, gown, drugs and meal trays, he still wouldn't buy in
thanks for a supportive response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2002, 12:39 PM

Welcome Deirdre
I am so happy you found us. This is a wonderful site. If you haven't already, please check out the pull down menus on the Home page it is a great source of information.
Also come in the Chat Room, and meet ladies just like you.
I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers.
Take Care
Unread 02-08-2002, 02:20 PM

thank you from the bottom of my heart
Unread 02-08-2002, 04:10 PM

Hi DeirdreI

So glad you found the site, as Tina said the pull down lists are
a great source of information, keep reading and post any questions and the sisters will be along to try and help answer
with their experiences and knowledge.

Try and pop into chat its a great way to learn the abbreviations,
just ask wot they mean and someone will explain

Take care glad to have you on board!
s
Unread 02-08-2002, 05:34 PM

thanks again for another friendly voice in the huge storm. I will get family members to tell me how to figure out the chat part in the mean time does anyone have any ideas how to un-terrify other family members that are 12, how do you eat when you feel so ill? hmmm maybe I do need that chat room thingy, I will try to figure it out sorry I am already on a huge learning curve, please be tolerant.
Unread 02-08-2002, 06:06 PM

Hi Deirdre!

Welcome To Hystersisters!

We are so glad you are here!

Lurking actually lends to alot of info and insight, huh? I hope everything goes really well for both you and your Mom. We are here for support any time 24/7.

I hope you do make it in to the Chat room; wonderful ladies there full of love and hugs - truly sisters.

Thank you for letting us know what is going on; please keep us posted.

s,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register