Third week, getting better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Third week, getting better Third week, getting better

Unread 08-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Third week, getting better

Hy Sis,
I want to share with you my progress in my third week; I’ve been one day good and the next not so good, but I little better every day, my belly is not as inflamed, my energy last longer, now I’m exhausted around 4pm. My neck and back are sore because I have been sleeping on my back all the time, I’m not able to sleep on one of my sides yet, every time I try I have a very strange feeling, I hope it goes away in the next coming days or weeks.
I’m able to walk more every day, I try to do it in the morning when I have energy, I stopped taking pain pills last Saturday, but I still constipated, I’m eating a lot of Papaya and softener pills, both things are helping me. I can’t drive but I have been out of the house with my husband driving two times, but the shaking of the care is very uncomfortable, so I’m going to wait a little longer. My wound is numb and some times I feel little needles around it.
I hope next week will be much better!
Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Re: Third week, getting better

Every week will get better.. :-) Four weeks my pain turned into aches.. fifth week just twinges if I moved certain ways. Sixth week I was finally laying on my side without pains or feeling nauseous.. My back has hated me for sleeping on it so long.. Tomorrow is seven weeks behind me and I'm feeling normal. Back to washing dishes. Oh joy joy joy.. lol.. Still no sex tho.. Follow Ur rules and keep taking it safe n easy.. Good days ahead.
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM

Hi Amylat,

We have the same hystday! Have you tried using a pillow for some support when you lay on your side? That might make it more comfortable for you.

Like you I have ups and downs. Today things hurt more than usual, maybe because I'm being less careful in the way I move. I guess that's a sign of progress. I'm allowed to drive but haven't felt up to it.

Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2013, 08:05 AM

Hi!

I tried the pillow, but nothing, it didn’t work, I guess that is matter of time. I will keep doing easy, I hope the next week will feel better.
Thank you for your support and tips!!!
You too take care!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register