Will they take away my diet Pepsi?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will they take away my diet Pepsi?? Will they take away my diet Pepsi??

Unread 11-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Will they take away my diet Pepsi??

hello, my name is Sheree, and i am addicted to DIET PEPSI.

All kidding aside, is there a limitation set on things like diet Pepsi? I don't drink a ton of water, some days not any. I just wondered as I don't want to go through caffeine withdrawal the same time as recovery! Of course after 10 surgeries in my lifetime, I know recovery take priority over some little thing like pop.

Thanks for reading and maybe smiling a little!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Re: Will they take away my diet Pepsi??

Hey we all have our things 😉 I personally did not have any diet restrictions.
You may just want to double check with your surgeon. I don't think it would be bad as long as you are drinking enough water. It can dehydrate you. 💙 good luck! I also had the DVH.
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Sheree! I've never heard of anyone having their choice of beverage taken away, but as a friend, may I suggest Diet Coke? I will also warn you, they are going to probably make you drink plenty of water too. Try to balance it out while you recover. Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2013, 03:54 PM

Hi Sheree! From the post-op side I will say, you may want to be easy with the carbonated beverages immediately after surgery. You'll be battling a lot of gas internally and adding any more from a carbonated beverage may be a little uncomfortable. I'd just ask your doctor & follow his direction. Mine wouldn't let me have any the day of surgery but I could the next morning.
Unread 11-19-2013, 02:44 AM

I am A Pepsi holic! all day every day. I do NOT like nor drink water. Now that said. I had my Pepsi the day I had surgery in my hospital room. I did seem to want water as well for like the first 2 weeks, I couldn't get enough. Then I was done, it was yucky once again lol.
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:51 AM

I feel sorry for you if you don't drink water ... the gas will be unbearable. Maybe you should consider switching to water ... do you realize what the pop does to your insides? The carbon in not good for you. Not a very healthy choice at all ...especially coming from someone with so many surgeries. This you should know.
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:36 AM

Sorry I giggled when I saw your post..... yes just have maybe 1 diet pepsi to satisfy your craving because as the ladies said ...the gas is unbearable sometimes. The water will keep your bowels moving and you don't want to be constipated on top of everything else. They say you should 4 glasses of water if you have 1 caffeinated beverage as it dehydrates you. No hydration equals ...constipation after surgery ad your bowels are sluggish from the anaesthetic anyhow. GOOD LUCK
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:45 AM

my dr said no carbonated drinks for a week ( maybe 2? can't remember) because of the tummy bubbles.
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM

I caffeine detoxed a couple years ago. I had a six-a-day Dr. Pepper habit. I gave it up cold turkey and used migraine medicine for a few days. I was tired for two weeks. Drinking a lot of water helped. I do prefer Perrier and SanPelligrino sparkling water. I guess I will have to give them up for a week.

If you don't want to caffeine detox you could switch to iced tea. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register