2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening 2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening

Unread 04-22-2016, 01:59 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening

Hello...I'm new here but am hoping someone can ease my concerns. I had a robotic assited hysterectomy almost 2 weeks ago. I also had a rectocele and cystocele repair as well as a mini sling for stress incontinence....
I got very curious and felt my girl bits and noticed I no longer have a vaginal opening! "Something" is blocking it......is this normal??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2016, 01:14 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn131821 View Post
Hello...I'm new here but am hoping someone can ease my concerns. I had a robotic assited hysterectomy almost 2 weeks ago. I also had a rectocele and cystocele repair as well as a mini sling for stress incontinence....
I got very curious and felt my girl bits and noticed I no longer have a vaginal opening! "Something" is blocking it......is this normal??
No, I don't think that is normal. Maybe they left some packing in there? You should call your doctor. Hopefully you'll get a reasonable explanation. Please keep us posted!! Good luck!
Unread 04-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Re: 2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening

It's most likely swollen! When is your post op appointment? Also? Because of the risk of bacterial infection? Besides to wash - hands off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Re: 2 weeks post hysterectomy... several procedures - blocked vaginal opening

It's definitely not packing...they removed that. I think it's swelling too but now I'm just nervous I won't be normal again. I'm probably over thinking things lol. I'm gonna call my Dr Monday to be sure. My post op appointment isn't until the end of may.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register