New-Dr. Appt. in 3 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New-Dr. Appt. in 3 days New-Dr. Appt. in 3 days

Unread 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM
New-Dr. Appt. in 3 days

I'm new and my Dr.'s appt. is in 3 days to set up a hysterectomy. I am having a really hard time emotionally trying to figure out if I am doing the right thing. I have lived in pain for so long I am afraid I may be trading it for something worse. My back surgery was different 10 years of my life deteriorated me to a powerchair and now I can walk with a cane. This surgery is really messing with my head.

I posted a long post in the “introduce yourself” about my situation. How my 22 year old son was killed less than a month before my surgery last year and the crazy options I have to pick from. I am an emotional wreck. I didn't even put it all down because I can't let them see me crying here at home. I have to be strong are they get worried about me.

Sometimes I just can't breath. I am trying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Re: New-Dr. Appt. in 3 days

First off, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. No parent should ever have to undergo that! ((((((Hugs))))))

I can imagine that it has been hard to go even one day at a time. Additional stress, as with your back and now having to make additional health decisions can be overwhelming. Is there someone you can talk with away from your family? Perhaps a counselor, pastor. psychologist?

I hope you have an easy time with your decision. Posting here is a great idea, as it is anonymous and private! ((((((((Hugs))))))))
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:01 PM

I just noticed you are from TX, so am I!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 05:25 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I can't even imagine the heartache you must be dealing with.

I would really, really suggest seeking some counseling before you schedule a hysterectomy. You are already dealing with emotional issues and grief and a hysterectomy may compound those emotions. Thus, I really feel that working through some of the emotional issues first would be very wise. Your doctor may be able to refer you to someone.

No one should ever have a hysterectomy unless she is 100% sure it is the right and best decision for her. There are too many risks to consider to go into this surgery with any doubts. Right now, you might need pain management until you can work through all the pros and cons for you and find some peace emotionally. From your introduction post, you are dealing with a full plate and now might not be the best time for a major surgery that can impact not only your physical body but your emotional self. Talk to the new doctor about the whole situation--from your gynecological issues to the grief you are dealing with to your fears about surgery.

My goes out to you and your situation. I can read your pain in your posts and see that you are suffering physically and emotionally. Please talk to a professional about your situation.

Sending extra s your way!
Unread 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I can't imagine the pain and grief you are going through. I agree that going to see a counselor is a really good idea. I think it is so important for us to be sure of our decision before doing it.
My recovery is still ongoing and I am now almost 11 months post op. I have had so many complications I couldn't even count. If I didn't know that this was the right decision, I don't know if having the problems would have felt overwhelming. I am ok with my decision but there are some women who had doubts, had problems and now are really struggling. This is major surgery and trying to recover physically and emotionally is very tough. I know you are dealing with so much and hopefully talking to someone would help you to be able to make a decision that is right for you. I would not rush into it because it is major surgery. I am not trying to scare anyone off of it but just saying you need to be certain of your decision before you do it. I hope this helps .
Sending

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register