scared of the consequences of hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared of the consequences of hysterectomy scared of the consequences of hysterectomy

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
scared of the consequences of hysterectomy

My name is Claudia. Nickname Yaya. I am a 35 yr old female, single with no menopausal symptoms. Wed Nov 28 I felt a small hard but soft ball in my vagina. Never before had I Heard of a prolapsed uterus. I couldnt walk sit, stand anything. My mother drove me too the hospital. After a long 4 hr wait in the er, anxiety of not knowing what was going on I finally got called in. The dr. Examined me for less then 15 min and said probable prolapsed uterine??? Said I needed to follow-up with my primary Dr. They handed me a bunch of info no medication for pain. I went home started getting anxious, obsessed, over reading. Physically I started wanting to pee, pain. I scheduled my Dr. Appt for Tue 4. This is where I stand the ball decreased the pain diminished and I am praying it isnt a moderate or severe prolapsed uterine, maybe iam in denial but I do not want a hysterectomy. I am terrified ive done nothing but cry & worry. Ive read and heard horror stories. I am not trying to sound insensitive Im just really scared and want to ask all the ladies who have had the surgery if what ive heard is true
1. Do you feel less of a woman.
2. Do you lose sexual desire/pleasure
3. can your partner feel nothing but hollowness and no sexual pleasure
I feel like such a coward. I really give it to those females who are strong and just went through with it. Please help me understand. God bless all women, we go through so much. Keep your head up I will try to the same. Thanks beforehand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Re: scared of the consequences of hysterectomy

Yaya, To answer your questions no, no and no. Please try not to stess until you know for sure after seeing your doctor what is truly up. Then go from there. I went to an ob/gyn after complaining for a couple of years to my primary about fibroids. Sent me first for an ultra sound then to the ob/gyn never even thinking about the possibility of a Hysterectomy. I had 4 fibroids and not even as big as some I have read here about. I was given all the options and the choice to decide. I chose hysterectormy. Good luck and Big Hugs!! Try not to stress all weekend.
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:50 PM

Awe thanks love :-) . I am trying not to but admit its hard. Thanks thou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Yaya I just had a TAH on the 28th and i don't feel like less of a woman. I don't feel the pain that i had before . I had a fibroid 12cm he size of a grapefruit ,and my uterus was enlarged 19 cm .
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM

:-( okay.. thanks
Not my opinion I just hear so many things from people. Im not trying to offend anyone..
I appreciate your feedback :-)
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Hi yaya:

I also experienced what seemed to be a "sudden" prolapse. If you want to avoid hysterectomy, you could ask your doc about resuspension surgery, or using a pessary to hold the uterus in place. A consult with a uro-gynecologist would probably be a good 2nd opinion.

Keep us posted. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi,

I'm 4 months out from my hysterectomy. I feel better than before surgery. Nothing has changed other than the fact I look better, feel better, and no longer have heavy and painful periods.

Sex is the same as before for both of us. It's generally not an issue for men, lol.

Your fears are all normal and they certainly don't make you a coward. It's a scary thing. But sometimes it's necessary and for so many of us, we feel infinitely better afterwards.

Hang in there!
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM

{{Hugs to you Claudia}}

I would be scared, also! That is a lot thrown at you.

I had my surgery almost 5 weeks ago, and am still recovering. However, I will be honest and say that even on the worst recovery days, I was glad I had it done. I think many women tolerate so much pain and discomfort because we think it is normal.

I have not been cleared for sex, yet, but trust me...the desire is driving me nuts! No loss of libido, that is for sure! Most of the ladies I talk with have not had a change in their desire.

Some sisters do have a "less of a woman" feeling, but they are generally the ones who still knew a child or another child was still an option.

The sisters who knew they did not want a/more children, don't seem to have that feeling. The majority of sisters I have met, are so happy they had it done.

Be sure to get second (and third) opinions on your options, and get a female Doctor if you can (seriously - they can relate!).

Best of luck to you!
Kim :-)
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Sweet thanks ladies... appt was moved until tomorrow from there we will see...
Love the support! Ill keep you posted. I've been praying on it & anxiety has diminished. Thanks everyone!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register