I'm gonna cry. I was late at the dentist's... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm gonna cry.  I was late at the dentist's... I'm gonna cry. I was late at the dentist's...

Unread 03-29-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm gonna cry. I was late at the dentist's...

And they wouldn't see me. I confused today's appointment (10:00AM) with Wednesday's appointment (10:30AM) and showed up today half an hour late. I had to come home. I imagine it is brain fog, or maybe I'm distracted by surgery a week from tomorrow. Whatever happened, they wouldn't see me.

I know docs and dentists are busy people, but this guy has been my dentist for more than 30 years! And my mother's and father's dentist, and my brother's dentist! His schedule isn't as busy as the schedule of the fellow who bought his practice--my guy is retiring shortly.

I know they don't want people just coming and going as they please, but I'm a good girl and I always pay on time. I don't believe I've ever confused an appointment before in the whole 30 years I've seen this guy.

And I ended up taking my antibiotic for nothing.

I have a headache, my abdomen's hurting, I'm bleeding, I've developed a yeast infection, and I wanna go home.

No, wait, I AM at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM

Bless Your Heart!!!
You'll be okay!
Unread 03-29-2004, 11:39 AM
POOR THING

what a rough way to start out the day. My sympathy's are heart felt. Hand in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 11:41 AM

This is a very emotional time and your mind is so pre-occupied, it is a simple mistake! And, though it seems so unfair that they were unable to see you, please try not to take it personally!!! (I am sure they didn't realize what all you were feeling and that this would just be one more thing!!!~they may have been when you left, but not when it happened!!!)

Ronda
Unread 03-29-2004, 12:41 PM

I know it's hard when this happens (been there). They probably did have other patients scheduled so seeing you would make them late for the others. I doubt it was personal.

I hope you're better soon.
Unread 03-29-2004, 12:51 PM

Thanks, everybody. I do feel better now.

What makes my brain fog so unsettling to me and everyone else is that it is so out of character. I never forget ANYTHING. I'm the one who always keeps mine and everyone else's things going.

No one believes that these lapses are brain fog. They think--well, I really don't know what they think, but it hurts my feelings anyway. I guess they think I'm suddenly becoming an emotional wreck, and they'll have to suddenly start taking care of me.

Waaaaaa! I want my pacifier!
Unread 03-29-2004, 01:12 PM

I forgot my kid's appointments last monday @8am...I called 2 days later when I did remember and they were soo nice..rescheduled for a couple of days later....I felt pretty lucky....I know what you mean about BRAIN FOG.....
Unread 03-29-2004, 03:07 PM

Well, how about this one for you.

I can't stand going to the dentist. I was scheduled to go to see the dentist today so I could get a root canal done. Well, the last few days I kept thinking about it and I kept getting more and more nervous. Last night, I just couldn't take the thought of those people being right up in my face with their hands and instruments and being that close to me. Soooooooo, I called them last night at about 10p.m. and told them I was going out of town and couldn't make the appointment.

If I would have known that you needed to make up an appointment I would have told you this earlier and you could have had mine today. (ha, ha)

Best wishes to you! Hang in there. Don't think of it as lack of memory - think of it as a brain fart.

Tonja
Unread 03-30-2004, 02:00 AM

Lady,

Your in luck....I used to work in a dentist office for years...so I can give you the low down.
The sisters have given you good advise. Don't take it personally. Most offices will try to squeeze you in if there schedule allows - however, if they had a major proceedure planned or already begun then it is for YOUR best interest that they go ahead and reschedule you. Otherwise you could be sitting there for hours. They do know that your time is precious too!
I am hoping today starts off better and ends terrific fo you!
Jileebean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register