I had sex tonight!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I had sex tonight!! I had sex tonight!!

Unread 06-30-2006, 01:38 AM
I had sex tonight!!

Well Ladies,

We broke down and did it!! Well my DH did most of the work He made sure he did plenty of outercourse and that I sang the big "O" before we attempted intercourse (which has been approvd by the doc as long as I didn't hurt). He went really slow and kept asking are you okay are you okay...oh the romance of it all!! It was beautiful. He kept telling me how much he loved me between the "does this hurt". However, now that the moment is over I am having the following issues:

1. Gas like a son of a gun - glad I didn't poot on DH at an important moment -

2. Pain in my upper right side toward the back - hmm...must of juggled somehting. It's a deep pain not a sharp pain.

So far no bleeding - that's a good sign too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 02:49 AM
I had sex tonight!!

Congratulations. Glad it went well for you. I'm still waiting ...
Unread 06-30-2006, 06:29 AM
I had sex tonight!!

I am happy for you. I have 2 more weeks. I don't think there is such a thing as TMI on this board. It is not as if we are sharing "locker room" talk but we are sharing important experiences which are helpful to others and it helps us to know what to expect. I have learned a lot and by reading others experiences have not been "scared" with certain things happen because I have already read about them happening to other women and being told "it's normal". Congrats again!!! Life is going back to normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2006, 07:20 AM
I had sex tonight!!

Congrats I am waiting and I am worried and scared. Its nice to read your post, gives me hope.

PH
Unread 06-30-2006, 08:52 AM
I had sex tonight!!

Yeah, it's exciting to be able to share those kind of moments again. The best part is that I kept waiting for the inevitable pain during intercourse. For at least 4 years almost every time we made love I was squirming from pain. I never told him until surgery. He was so hurt that I suffered without telling him. Last night there was no pain during intercourse. It was so fantastic I wanted to cry. How can you tell your DH that now you can finally look forward and enjoy that part of your marriage after 8 years??!!
Unread 06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
I had sex tonight!!

yeah but i think we did it too soon. My right side has not quit hurting. it's like being punched in the kidneys.
Unread 06-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I had sex tonight!!

I'm glad you posted. There is hope. I need someone who is married and have been post-op to PM about this subject. I have a few questions.
Unread 06-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I had sex tonight!!

First Post Op or Second Post Op? I am married and I have been to first post op...My second post op is July 11th. Maybe I can help I can at least try.

Jennifer
Unread 06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I had sex tonight!!

Casperkat. I would call the dr about that pain. I really don't think it was the sex, of course I could be wrong. Please call the dr as this might very well be something completely unrelated. It sounds like you and dh were careful. All the best and let us know how you are doing. I resumed sex at 6 wks and am glad to say all is going well. 2up2down TAH BSO 48 yo
Unread 06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I had sex tonight!!

I am floored that you got the okay so soon but good on you! I went for my 6 week check-up & was told to wait another month due to stitches in my vagina.I won't try until I know it is safe. I don't wany any more surgery.
Patsy B

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register