I think I am just scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I am just scared I think I am just scared

Unread 09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I think I am just scared

I am such a control freak and I know my husband will do the very best he can, but it is so hard to accept that I need to be taken care of for awhile. I am substitute teaching this year so the job isn't a problem. I think I just feel kindof helpless right now. I have forced my way through the last couple of years as my female issues continued to worsen and I am worn out. I will have to have an adominal incision due to scar tissue and endemetriosis and the Dr. thinks I will probably lose both ovaries. It is hard to wait for the actual day of surgery to arrive.

Thanks for your responses and support.
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I think I am just scared

I think by the time a lot of us get here – where the final decision has been made, doctors set, date set, and now just waiting,,,, we ARE very worn out and tired. Our bodies have been through hell. For some it has been years of pain, others years of blood loss and blood transfusion, others both, and some didn’t have suffering and wearing down over the years from the above, but have definitely had a whamo whacko whack from the word cancer and the stress just from that word I am sure wears you out just as much if not more than all the years of physical suffering.
So for you to be ‘worn out’, stressed out, on edge, empty, feeling like you have nothing left to give, feeling helpless and not in control,,,, I believe is a natural part of going through this procedure. And just one more reason to have it done and look forward to life without all the above.
Sheeeesh,,,, energy,,,, what is that? Can I buy some from somewhere?
Feel rest assured, feeling worn out is a normal part of this process and others are here right along with you in understanding.
Unread 09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I think I am just scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyGrinz
I think by the time a lot of us get here – where the final decision has been made, doctors set, date set, and now just waiting,,,, we ARE very worn out and tired. Our bodies have been through hell. For some it has been years of pain, others years of blood loss and blood transfusion, others both, and some didn’t have suffering and wearing down over the years from the above, but have definitely had a whamo whacko whack from the word cancer and the stress just from that word I am sure wears you out just as much if not more than all the years of physical suffering.
So for you to be ‘worn out’, stressed out, on edge, empty, feeling like you have nothing left to give, feeling helpless and not in control,,,, I believe is a natural part of going through this procedure. And just one more reason to have it done and look forward to life without all the above.
Sheeeesh,,,, energy,,,, what is that? Can I buy some from somewhere?
Feel rest assured, feeling worn out is a normal part of this process and others are here right along with you in understanding.

Amen, sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
I think I am just scared

Hang in there! Mine's approaching too and it's gonna be hard for me to let dbf take care of me totally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register