I'm a newby | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-22-2001, 06:01 AM
I'm a newby

Hi ladies...

My name is Lori and I'm new here. I'm scheduled for surgery December 3rd...I don't know all the abbreviations yet...but what will be done is a total lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy with possible conversion to an open proceedure. My mind is set for the open and if the lap assisted works out then it's a bonus.

For years I've had menstural problems and it's all come to a head with the reoccurence of ovarian cysts and this time it's cystic masses, uterine fibroids and an enlarged uterus. My doctor supsects endo also. She has been my GYN for the past 1 1/2 years after finally finding someone who would listen.

It's a bit scary and I keep finding myself waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it. I know I will feel so much better when this is over and I can get on with my life after taking the time to recover. I'm so tired all the time that by 8pm I'm in bed asleep and waking up earlier than usual as I've had enough sleep...its a vicious cycle I guess!

Anyway...it' so encouraging to see the support this board has to offer. I was thankful to have found it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 06:08 AM
I'm a newby

Welcome, Lori! Most of us have been where you are now, in the PreOp stage, and it was frightening. I'm happy you found Hyster Sisters....the women here are so supportive and caring.

While you're reading the past messages here, copy or write down anything that may pertain to you and bring it to your doctor for discussion (types of anesthesia, abdominal vs. vaginal, post op instructions, etc.). There's a lot of information here.

Please feel free to ask anything here. The better prepared you are, the less stress you'll have going in.

Best wishes to you, and a Happy Thanksgiving.
Unread 11-22-2001, 02:02 PM
I'm a newby

Hi Lori. Welcome to hystersisters

We'll be with you every step of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 02:58 PM
I'm a newby

Welcome Lori!!

You go to the castle 2 days before me. We wish you all the best while your there and throughout your recovery. My dr suspects adeno and like you, he's going to try the LAVH but if he can't do that then he's going to go for the TAH.

Please come to chat sometime and meet some of the wonderful Sisters (without which I don't know what kind of shape I would be in). We'd love to see you there! If you need helping getting there, you can add me (KimmieDawn62) to your AIM pager or email me and I'd be happy to help anyway I can.

Once again, welcome to HS!

Kim
Unread 11-22-2001, 04:55 PM
Lori

A Huge welcome to the Hystersisters. You will find the support friendship and help here the best you can get. It is such an awesome site.
Kinnie is right the chat room is a wonderful place to vernt, have a laugh or get some wonderful support and if you are lucky some brownies.
Hope that your surgeon does go through with the LAVH. That is what I had 9 weeks ago and it was great, hardly any discomfort at all.
Soon you will feel like a new woman and wont it be nice to have it all done before Christmas. The New Year will be a whole lot better. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
Love and Hugs Vicki
Unread 11-22-2001, 07:03 PM
I'm a newby

Hi Lori,

I'm glad you found this site, isn't it GREAT!! I go to the castle Nov 29 for a TAH. Pre-admission testing is tomorrow.

I was so scared, but talking to the wonderful ladies in the chat room and reading the encouraging and supportive posts have helped TREMENDOUSLY.

Any help I can offer you, please let me know. My AIM pager is viking77799 if you ever want to go into the chat room. The most important thing to remember is, that you WILL get through this, and you WILL feel better, and of course, we WILL be with you!!

Good luck and hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register