LAVH 6 months post hysterecomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post hysterecomy 6 months post hysterecomy

Unread 06-19-2016, 12:43 AM
6 months post hysterecomy

Hi,

I have 4 holes in my stomach. They took out the " uterus and tubes, etc " from my vagina. First 3 months was near the end of me with all the suffering pain that my doctors all denied! I'm on my 6 months now, I think I'm very close to 2 months of " raw, itching, burning, feeling like tissues has been ripped off my vaginal area from inside out.

ive had : hormone tests , two urine tests , two swabs , 1 std tests. Everything came back negative. I been told if the hormone tests came back neg there isn't a point for estrogen creams or pilles. The only time that I don't feel like dying from this is if I got vasline caked on.

My question is will this ever go away? I was told to get vagile . by god , that thing stung like I have been boiled a live.

Never again!

I wish I could take all you ladies I nto the doctors office with me. I want to tell my doctors that their the ones who are nutts! this is not in my head. it has happened to plenty of women.

The first time after my hsterecomy? it was scary in my head but it was ok. Second time? it was amazing nothing to be scared about. But two days after that sexual encounter? I started feeling pain. a little after that was when all of this horrible raw feeling kicked in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Re: 6 months post hysterecomy

i wish I could tell you something as I am about experiencing the same. I am 12 weeks in from having the Da Vinci hyster. Still having pelvic pains ( right behind the pelvic bone and my vaginal area actually feels like it has pressure on it which causes pain. Doctor says it has nothing to do with surgery. Ummm hello I never had this prior to surgery. Tells me to do yoga and stretches. Well I try and then I am in pain did the next 4 days. I was active prior to surgery and now I am sure when I take a walk. But I have to do something. So I hope you get some good feedback.
Take care and just keep pushing for answers
Unread 06-20-2016, 08:27 AM
6 months post hysterecomy

It could be nerves. My doctor has me on desiprimine for nerve pain. I've been taking it for three weeks and I no longer have the burning whole pelvic area is on fire feeling. Now I have two areas that act up. Of course I can't be active because one of those areas causes pain when walking. I can make it about three miles without pain. Used to run ultra marathons so it really sucks. I've also been stretching more and massaging my scars. We will see if all that helps. I hope so because at 7 months in over this. I want my life back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2016, 12:57 PM

Hi ladies, I thank u for taking the time out in replying. I am beyond frustrated!! My doctors keep saying that after 6 weeks there should not be any problems. . I wish I can feel normal again too. This is very stressful on the mind. Well , by month 5 I was a little better. After that last sexual encounter? Everything went back to square 1 Again. I'm wondering if it was the act itself? Or the body wasn't fully healed and I went on that adventure. My pelvic feels like it's swollen. My vagina feels like I've been skinned alive
Unread 06-20-2016, 05:29 PM

Vulvodinia. I have Vulvodinia and that us exactly what it feels like! I had been diagnosed with Vulvodinia for a few years now. It neuropathic nerve pain. I am prescribed Gabapentin and it keeps it in remission for me. If I go off the Gabapentin it comes back. It took me many many different Dr.s and test and trial and error with trying every thing that they thought might help but finally when I got the correct diagnosis and treatment I got relief. Please research Vulvodinia. I swear I think it sounds like what you are suffering from. Hang in there and don't give up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register