Pain 2 years after hysterectomy? Updated. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain 2 years after hysterectomy? Updated. Pain 2 years after hysterectomy? Updated.

Unread 11-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Pain 2 years after hysterectomy? Updated.

Hi! I wasn't sure where to put this. I had a hysterectomy retaining my left ovary only in November 2014. I've started having some pain center and two the right in my lower abdomen. Had it day before yesterday and yesterday then today it's gone! I have a dr appt this morning so I was hoping it wouldn't go away. It's been coming and going for a few weeks. Not very long. It hurst with movement and when I lean against something. Has anyone else had this problem? Other than this I've been doing great post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2016, 10:58 AM

I went to the doctor and my left side feels full so I go in for an ultrasound the 17th. He said with the way the nerves are connected a cyst on the left can cause pain on the right side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbellcandle View Post
Hi! I wasn't sure where to put this. I had a hysterectomy retaining my left ovary only in November 2014. I've started having some pain center and two the right in my lower abdomen. Had it day before yesterday and yesterday then today it's gone! I have a dr appt this morning so I was hoping it wouldn't go away. It's been coming and going for a few weeks. Not very long. It hurst with movement and when I lean against something. Has anyone else had this problem? Other than this I've been doing great post op.
Unread 11-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Re: Pain 2 years later?

I actually had an internal and external ultrasound for the same thing. It hurts down my left leg as well. I actually retained both ovaries. I learned that I have a cyst on the right side and they believe it's scar tissue on the left. I actually have an appointment today with a surgeon to have him go in and remove it. Some pain on the right side too but not like the left and it's really been going on since my surgery in April 2015. Nervous about having them go back in but I can't deal with this anymore. A few issues with bowel movements too. They think the ovary attached to my intestine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Re: Pain 2 years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbellcandle View Post
It may not be due to your hysterectomy at all. Lower and to the right is what I experienced when I had a problem with my appendix which resulted in it's removal. I was slow to go to the ER because I felt like a kidney stone to me and I was very unconcerned about it initially. Always best to have it checked out. Good luck with it and let us know what you find out.
Unread 11-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Okay. I was wondering about my appendix last night but they pain feels so much like before the hysterectomy. I had adenomyosis too and I know that can't come back lol. I guess time will tell. I had an ultrasound for a cyst end of last year or beginning of this and he didn't think it was anything to worry about but that's all he said. A CT scan I had before I saw him was a little concerning cuz it wasn't fluid filled.
Unread 11-17-2016, 10:46 AM
Re: Pain 2 years after hysterectomy?

I had my ultrasound today. It revealed a complex cyst that he thinks is follicular. He thinks I ovulated and it bled. I have a lot of fluid on the right side of my abdomen. I have to go back in 3 months to see how it's resolving.
Unread 11-26-2016, 02:10 PM
More pain and symptoms

So I posted sometime around the first week of the month about having some right side pain. I was tender and left side felt large on exam so last week I had an ultrasound. I have a complex cyst on my left ovary, the only one I have, and blood in my abdomen. He told me to come back in 3 months for a recheck and hopefully I won't lose the ovary and go into menopause. He said the cyst must have bled into my abdomen. The pain had gotten better and was just cramping. This morning I woke up in the other type of pain again. On top of that I haven't been able to eat much the past couple of days and have been constipated and had diarrhea yesterday. Today I managed to eat a couple of chicken nuggets for lunch but that's all I could get down. Started feeling light headed so I managed to eat a banana. The dr on call told me all that's left is the ER cause they can't tell how much blood is in there etc but he told me to go if I felt faint. Well I don't want to go. It's a $200 copay and I'm afraid it will all be for nothing. So I'll probably just go home and rest. I had to work today. All these other symptoms concern me tho as I'm bloated too. Normally by not eating so much I'd look smaller but I don't. He thought the cyst was follicular but I didn't know those could be complex.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register