donating supllies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

donating supllies donating supllies

Unread 06-04-2005, 08:48 AM
donating supllies

I just got a chance to read over the funny posts about keeping some pads or tampons on hand in case we start bleeding again.

A couple weeks before my surgery, I was helping at a local food pantry and someone donated an unopened package of pads. I talked with the director about the need for such items when someone is short of money. I hadn't thought about that before!

For all of us who had to keep so many packages on hand, a donation to a food pantry is a great idea for the women who still have that reoccuring need.

For my extras that were already opened, I put them in a drawer in the bathroom at work for anyone to use if they run out. Our YMCA and church also keep some in a basket in the locker room/restroom for women who run into an emergency.

I love not needing them. I can skip past that aisle in the grocery store singing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 11:12 AM
donating supllies

Great idea. I would have never thought of that. I just sooooo glad I don't need them anymore. I'm more than happy to "gift" mine away! I actually had a tampon holder that had flowers on it to keep in my purse- it looked like a makeup case or something. Can you believe that? I really thought I was hiding my pons. lol Go figure. So anyway I gave my case to a girlfriend and she told me today she is getting alot of use out of it. lol We laughed so hard about making our pons look presentable!
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:50 AM
donating supllies

I saw that thread also. It was hilarious. Well one day I was going on a trip and was searching for my little toiletries bag under the sink. I couldn't believe how many bags of pads and tampons I had under there. I filled a Target bag up. (The huge bag size.) LOL. I donated them to a friend with four daughters. One just recently had a baby so she could use the large overnighters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 12:38 PM
donating supllies

I gave some of mine to my niece but I still have boxes and boxes left. Every time I go through the cupboards or my car or my old purses or the camper....I find MORE!!! Funny how I have so many because it always seemed like I was running out of the darn things! I would give them to a pantry if we had one around here. Since we don't I'm going to package them all up and give them to my sister in law.
Unread 06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
donating supllies

A couple of weeks ago, me and a friend of mine had a shopping trip planned. Before she got here, I bagged up all of my tampons and pads. When she walked in the door, I tossed them to her and said, "Don't say I never gave you anything!" LOL! She looked in the bag, busted out laughing and said, "Bragger!"
Unread 06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
donating supllies

Hello,
I was at Wal-mart yesterday and haven't been down that isle
in 5 mos, I had my last one the end of Dec a week before my surgery. as I walked by I turned my head a just gave a myslef a quick look and just smiled I'm still finding them everywhere.

LEW
Unread 06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
donating supllies

Thank you for the reminder, Nordbelly.

I ended up donating my supplies to a Thanksgiving Food Drive (where they actually specified that they were looking for feminine products).

There are a lot of organizations that are looking for help, including women's shelters, runaway groups like Children of the Night and of course your local free clinic and church.

Unfortunately over the past 6 months or so I've found quite a few singles tucked in other purses, suitcases and desk drawers. I've got a little travel pouch of them in the downstairs bathroom should anyone ever need them!

Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register