Pants (trousers) with zippers? When? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pants (trousers) with zippers? When? Pants (trousers) with zippers? When?

Unread 06-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Pants (trousers) with zippers? When?

Ok ladies, another fashion/discomfort question. For those with bikini cuts...when were you able to wear pants (trousers for our international sisters as the image of pants with zippers for you has to hilarious!) that had real waists and zippers and be comfortable? At 5 weeks, I'm not looking to make my swelly belly worse and still get uncomfortable with anything too close to the skin. Just trying to judge when that part of my life might get back to "normal".

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2006, 08:37 AM

Hi newyorkgal!

I want to know, too. My swellybelly has caused strangers in public to reassure me that once I have that baby I'll feel a lot better. <<sigh>> In their defense, the only pants that fit right now are maternity pants (a little depressing, but I can't let it get to me).
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:39 AM

Never...Bwahaha! Seriously though, I was able to wear them around 7 weeks post op, but not for the entire day until around 10 weeks post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I was back in my jeans after about 10 days. They're not exactly skin tight but in fact they're quite supportive when walking.
But, I do have to put my jammies on after dinner still!
Liz

At nine wks I still avoid jeans if I can. Sweats and jammies are so much more comfortable. When I do wear jeans I wear baggie ones. I do however have a couple of crop pants (jean material) that are really stretchy and they don't bother me. Some days are better than others. I still have those days that I don't want anything tight on my abdomen.

Fallflower
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:40 AM

I just got into my zip up Eddie Bauer shorts for the first time yesterday. I am almost 4 weeks post-op. I find if I wear the Hanes Shaper panties it helps a lot to support me. I did find by the end of the day though that I had to undo the button!
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:41 AM

yep, I am ready to move out of pyjama pants soon. I am also guilty of caressing (ha!) my swelly belly because it hurts and people give me that googly eye look of "awwww" Now i do take secret joy in knowing that they're thinking sweet thoughts about my big ole belly.
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:49 AM

Hi! My incision has healed but I am still paranoid about zippers in front because the belly is still numb and tingles. I can get into my trousers but dare not sit in them! I have sent 3 to the cleaners to alter to side zips. Only because they're white and I have been wanting to wear them. And now because I can, tomorrow can't come soon enough!
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:54 AM

That's a good point about the side zipper. I have been wearing skirts with a side zipper.

As for jeans...wow...can't even imagine. I'm having trouble with lightweight pants!
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:14 AM

Okay I'm now beginning to feel weird because I'm the only one wearing my jeans.
Maybe it's because they were big enough to fit round my huge fibroid? Once the belly's in the magic knickers/Shaper pants things it doen't make much difference what's on top does it?
Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register