ovarian cysts, symptoms - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovarian cysts, symptoms ovarian cysts, symptoms

Unread 07-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms

I have two cysts back to back on my left ovary. One is 8cm X 4cm and the one right behind and connected to it is 2cm X 4 cm. On the right side I have a cyst that is 2cm X 3cm. I've been on the pill for two years now the cysts have been present for at least a year. Symptoms that I have: enlarged uterus (ando), cramping and side aches (especially after long drives), upset stomach, low appetite, weight gain, heavy periods with large clots causing anemia, tiredness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2002, 10:10 AM
ovarian cysts

dear all, it is so reassuring to hear from you,across the waters my sisters!!!I have read all your suggestions and I am going to contact a local private hospital tomorrow to ask for a second opinion on my cyst and proposed hysterectomy,I am also going to ask for more blood tests to detemine, if I have psos ,diabetes and if I am aneamic, I am going to write it all down so I dont get overwhelmed by the white coat brigade!!! love to you all, sue
Unread 07-28-2002, 10:28 AM
Ovarian Cysts

My Dear Lightbulb,

I, too, had "complex" cysts over the past six years that seemed to have repaired and resolved themselves. Although I know that it is smart to survey the "complex" ones closely. I did do that.
Now out of the clear blue there is something inside my ovary - believed to be a dermoid - but not certain. I actually emailed my concerns for wanting a concrete reason for undergoing major surgery to my surgeon and he emailed me back last night using the "C" word!!! That got my attention! He said "a dermoid has not definitely been established, it is one possibillity and cancer is also one possibility, but a low likelihood".

Your doctor sounds good in that he or she is not throwing you on the surgery table at the first sign of a complex ovarian cyst - he or she is willing to survey first. I know age plays a role in this equasion (spelled wrong?). I am older (55). Please forgive me if I am being repetitious - I forget (at 55) who I told what to!! But I am highly recommending the book "The Hormone Solution" by Erika Schwartz to you. It will even help with not just the sex hormones but insulin, etc. It is an easy read and only about $13.00! It explains all about bioidentical hormone replacement (safer and even beneficial). One day we all need to make that decision about HRT with or without ovaries! Mine will be NHRT.

I peeked at your profile and read that you love cats! So do I! I have 7!!! One for each room! I am an active volunteer at our local wildlife center and have been in animal rescue for all of my adult life. Cats definitely rule! Well, dear, keep vigilent but don't let it give you too much stress - bad for the hormone balance!

Take care and write whenever you need a cathartic outlet - it really helps! Luv, Lulu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 05:53 AM
ovarian cysts

dear sailinbeauty, I have just got of the phone to my gp, and got the chance to discuss lots of things with her, She said that I have been tested for dabetes,and anemia and that I have neither, Also that If I had polycystic ovaries I would have lots and lots of small cysts not just one big one( however I do suffer from facial hair and skin tags!!!lovely)she also said I would have all sorts of other problems if they tried to treat the cyst with hormones...... I have also had a letter from the hospital asking me to come in on the 4th september!!!!I dont think im going to be able to do this day as I come home from my holiday on the 3rd. Im so scared now, Im really fat and im so scared I wont be able to move postop, Thanks for listening, and thanks for being there...sue
Unread 08-08-2002, 07:27 AM
Dauther has history of ovarian cysts !

Hi ladies !

I am in a quandry about my 27 year old daughter. She has suffered with ovarian cysts now for 8 years. She has been on various pill prescriptions to try preventing the cysts from forming. In the last two months she has been extremely moody and very short-tempered. Her pill prescription was changed and the endocrinologist has been doing various tests this past year and now has ordered an MRI of the pituitary. The doctors have checked CORTISOL LEVELS and ESTROGEN LEVELS and the last tests taken two weeks ago showed raised CORTISOL LEVEL and LOW FSH LEVEL We are at a loss right now as to where to look for the answers to her PMS woes and the continual mood swings. She always was depressed the week before her period and now the mood swings and depression are constant. She has not been able to lose weight, even watching her diet and exercising.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Please e-mail me at gemlover26@comcast.net if you have any suggestions.

I appreciate any help. THANK YOU !!!!

Rebecca

July 24, 2001 TAH/BSO 7 large fibroids and ovarian cysts
Unread 08-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Daughter has history of ovarian cysts !

Hi ladies !

I am in a quandry about my 27 year old daughter. She has suffered with ovarian cysts now for 8 years. She has been on various pill prescriptions to try preventing the cysts from forming. In the last two months she has been extremely moody and very short-tempered. Her pill prescription was changed and the endocrinologist has been doing various tests this past year and now has ordered an MRI of the pituitary. The doctors have checked CORTISOL LEVELS and ESTROGEN LEVELS and the last tests taken two weeks ago showed raised CORTISOL LEVEL and LOW FSH LEVEL We are at a loss right now as to where to look for the answers to her PMS woes and the continual mood swings. She always was depressed the week before her period and now the mood swings and depression are constant. She has not been able to lose weight, even watching her diet and exercising.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Please e-mail me at gemlover26@comcast.net if you have any suggestions.

I appreciate any help. THANK YOU !!!!

Rebecca

Unread 08-08-2002, 11:14 AM
ovarian cysts, symptoms

Hey I have the same thing (maybe) I have a huge sepeated (complex) cyst almost 9 cm on my right ovary. I have painful and very heavy periods which make me anemic and I just keep getting fatter and fatter. I think it is because my left ovary had been malfunctioning for years. I always get a butning pain on my left side for a few days out of the month.
I am having surgery tommorow.
I will be having the works done and more. You must become a strong advocate for yourself. Make sure you get that CA !25 test it is an indicator, but not posive proof of ovarian cancer.
It took me awhile to get to this point but I can't wait not to have that dam period anymore.

Keggy
Unread 08-08-2002, 02:37 PM
Request a thyroid test, too

I know that it seems every test on earth has already been done, but 2 years ago I was getting heavier and heavier without change to my diet or exercise - bleeding heavy enough to cause anemia. I asked 3 doctors if it could be my thyroid, since I was middle age and also my mother had a bad thyroid her entire life. 3 doctors said I just needed to get off my butt and exercise - all three insisted that thyroid is not hereditory.

Finally, when I was almost in a coma from hypothyroid, a doctor I was referred to for the bleeding checked my thyroid because she could see the swelling in my neck. My level was 165 when normal is .5 to 30 (I think I remember that normal range correctly)
By the time they found it, I didn't even have any reflexes left.
Hormone levels can affect thyroid function and my medicine has been changed twice since this cyst on my ovary started growing.
It's worth a try.
Unread 08-08-2002, 03:27 PM
THROID HAS BEEN NORMAL FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS !!!!!

Judi,

I appreciate your input. My daughter has had routine thyroid function tests done now for the last 8 years, since I had a thyroid problem and my mother-in-law has one also. No matter what time of the month it is taken, the test is always NORMAL. THAT IS WHY WE ARE SO FRUSTRATED !!!!

I am hoping that within the next month we can resolve this issue.

I will keep you informed what the results are as soon as we know.

THANK YOU !!!

Rebecca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register