Mean Pharmacy!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mean Pharmacy!!!! Mean Pharmacy!!!!

Unread 11-20-2002, 06:22 PM
Mean Pharmacy!!!!

My doctor gave me a new prescription for Demerol 9 days ago -- it's the only thing strong enough for my pain that I have found that doesn't make me throw up! I waited until the pain started getting bad to fill the prescription, and when I took it to the pharmacy, they wouldn't fill it because it's more than 5 days old! I almost broke down in tears right there in Walgreens! The pharmacist probably thinks I'm a big-time junkie! I rushed home in a panic and called the doc's office at 4:58, 2 minutes before they close!

Fortunately I have 2 pills left from my previous prescription which will get me through the night. The nurse said she'll get the doc to write another one in the morning. Work and these doctors appointments are clashing! I'm already in the hole this week from taking my son to the doc earlier in the week, and now I'm going to have to take more time off work to drive out to the doc's office and then go get the prescription filled to get through the day! Plus, for some reason, my boss has decided to put tons of extra work on me, which is stressing me out! I'm so glad you ladies are here for me to vent!!!!

I live in Oklahoma and it's state law that the doctor can't phone it in, you have to show your driver's license when you get it filled, and, as I found out today, it can't be more than 5 days old.

Bad day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2002, 06:31 PM
Mean Pharmacy!!!!

CPaz,

Sorry you are having a rough time, hang in there

It's not state law about narcotics not being able to be phoned in. It's a federal law. For good reasons tho; but it's a pain in the butt. Hope you doc gets ya fixed (no pun intended).

Amy
Unread 11-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Been there

Hi, Your post struck a nerve with me. Just wanted to say I hope you feel better and that you can sleep tonight. Have a better day tomorrow. Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Mean Pharmacy!!!!

I know your frustration! It's that way with any controlled substance. My son has to take Adderall for ADHD and it's the same. I have to pick up the triplicate every month and get it filled immediately.

Problem is, very few pharmacies in our town carry Adderall XR. I've called ahead to pharmacies to see if they have it or can order it before I get the prescription. Even then, I've gotten stuck when a pharmacy has assured me the order is scheduled to arrive in a day or two and it doesn't!

The DEA strictly enforces prescriptions of controlled substances and frequently does audits of pharmacies and doctors' offices. I know it's a pain -- literally! -- but it is federal law.

Julie-Anne
Unread 11-21-2002, 06:28 AM
Mean Pharmacy!!!!

s for you !!

I feel your frustration !! LOL, my pharmacy knows me and husband by sight when we walk in.

As I've never had to take prescreption meds before last month, I can't imagine being without them. On Vicoden (YUCK) until surg date.

The only other thing I have found the takes an edge off if I can't take a pain pill is the ThermaCare Wraps ... I Buy the neck/arm ones and put it on my belly ... the heat actually helps to "calm" things down a little bit. It doesn't by any means take the pain away, but it helps soften it a little bit. I've actually worn them to work a few times, as sitting at my desk all days takes its toll on me too !!

Hoping your job is being understanding. It's not a stressor you need in your life right now !!

Hang in there ... our mutual castle date is almost here !!
Unread 11-21-2002, 06:41 AM
Glad you posted this

I made this mistake in the past, thinking I had enough leftover pills around and then my script expires. Getting to the doc to get a new script is a PITA since he is 2.5 hours away too. Only real alternative I have is going to the emergency room and getting a script written and it costs $170 just to walk in the door there.

Ladies, get those scripts filled, even if you don't think you will need them. Cost a big six bucks for my percocet prescription under my insurance and I would rather have too many that I eventually toss than not enough. Leftover pain meds have kept me out of the emergency room more than once when my back goes out too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register