Scheduled TAH I am getting really nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am getting really nervous I am getting really nervous

Unread 09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Surgery on 9/22 and scared

I am having my surgery tomorrow and I feel sick to my stomach. I did not eat dinner because my nervous are a mess. What can I do to try and calm down somewhat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Re: Today is my surgery eve!

Brina- Pray, pray, pray, keep reading posts on here, breathe and just believe you will get through this because you will!

Good luck and we will be waiting for you on the other side!
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Re: I am getting really nervous

The ladies here are very supportive/ i have mine the day after you.. im scared just alot of emotions right now that i cant express...good luck to you ill be praying. for all of you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2009, 11:53 PM

Hi lilbit3,
To be scared is understandable. Maybe soaking in a warm tub with something to read.
For me it was a hot cup of tea and a long bath.

Pamper yourself tonight and try to get some rest!

Let us know how your doing on the other side

Carol G
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:06 AM

Brina, breathe, you'll do fine. God will give you peace. I'll pray for you, promise.
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:15 AM

I don't think there is anything anyone can say to you that will make you stop worrying....however just know that those of us still in the "waiting period" are behind you and cheering you on! And those that have already recieved their crowns know what you are going through and have told all of us a million times....this is the WORST part of the process.
I wish you all the best and just remember....tomorrow you will be a !!!

Good luck and best wishes!
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:01 AM

Brina, as the other sisters have said, take a deep breath and put your trust in Our Lord. I read Isaiah 41:13 over and over! And please know that we are all praying for you!

The waiting is really the hardest part!

Hugs and we'll see you on the other side!

Dana
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Re: Surgery on 9/22 and scared

Brina -

I merged the posts from the other members from the other member's thread into this one that you started so you can get all the support that you need.

As everyone has said waiting is hard and the day before can be especially tough. Try to find some things that you enjoy doing that can take your mind off of things (watch a favorite movie?, listen to some CDs that relax you).

Breath is always a good one, deep cleansing breaths thinking relaxing and healing thoughts.

Sending and wishes for a successful surgery and an uncomplicated recovery.

G.
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Re: Surgery on 9/22 and scared

I completely understand - my surgery is Thursday and I have not slept in a week. Just keep telling yourself that all will be well and that there are millions of women going through this every day - successfully. Also, try to plan something you enjoy doing for after your surgery. I took out all my pictures that I've been collecting for years and plan to put them all into albums as soon as I can sit up. It will give you something to look forward to afterwards. Thinking of you . . .
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:22 AM

Pray and stay positive. As it has been mentioned, try to plan something you don't have time to do on a daily basis that you can use for boredom busting while you recover. Just make sure it is something not strenuous (sp?).
Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register