Scheduled TLH Terrified... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Terrified...

Hi I'm new here so please bear with me I am scheduled for a TLH with BOS this Thursday and I am terrified. My OB covered things very well but I still like to have all my ducks in a row when it comes to anything and I feel like they are in total disarray. I'm worried about my youngest being away from me because he asked me if I was gonna die like his papa did and I'm worried about my dog who is my support animal. I have more than proper care for them while I am in the hospital and thankfully will only have to stay for two days if things go according to plan but I am lost on what to pack what needs to be done and I am running myself ragged! Any pointers or suggestions would be great because I am a nervous wreak in a ton of pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Re: Terrified...

Hi there Antigonesl. I had my tlh 12/18. My doctor told me I would be staying over night. The best thing I can say is, as far as staying in the hospital,pack light. I wanted my own Jammie's and robe, but, honestly my incisions were checked so often that the hospital gown was perfect. They gave me toiletries the following morning to wash up with. Also, they gave me some bottoms to wear once the catheter came out and another gown to wear as a robe so I could walk.
The gas pain I had was bd, but they gave me meds for that as well.
it is normal to be scared. Just keep on mind you are in good hands and we are here for you too.
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM

I completely understand.. I am having surgery on Friday.. I am nerv ous but I don't allow myself to think too much about it. IF i did, I would drive myself craZY with worry.

It is normal to be scared. I am most scared of being put under. I have never been completely under . But again, I try not to dwell on the what-ifs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM

Only thing I used were lotion, Chapstick, iPod, and phone. Took a book and never opened it. Wore soft Jammie's in and that is what I wore home. I have a big pillow pet and it is my absolute favorite thing right now. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. No spotting at all
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM

A calm came over me the day before...I hope that this will happen to you. The waiting is really the hardest part.
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Wow thanks for the tips and encouragement. I think I have packed and unpacked a million times. It's nice to know that someone else has been there done that and doing it tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement!😘
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Terrified...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmariona View Post
I completely understand.. I am having surgery on Friday.. I am nerv ous but I don't allow myself to think too much about it. IF i did, I would drive myself craZY with worry.

It is normal to be scared. I am most scared of being put under. I have never been completely under . But again, I try not to dwell on the what-ifs.
Your hysto date listed by your name is the third. That's when I'm having mine. What time is yours scheduled for? It's kinda cool to know that someone else will be having a hysto on the same day as me. I know it happens all over but it is still comforting in a way.
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigonesl View Post
Your hysto date listed by your name is the third. That's when I'm having mine. What time is yours scheduled for? It's kinda cool to know that someone else will be having a hysto on the same day as me. I know it happens all over but it is still comforting in a way.
Good luck to both of you on the third!
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Terrified...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes01 View Post
Good luck to both of you on the third!

Thank you...still have a lot of questions but I am finding that every woman is different and what may be the case for one is not the case for another so I will pray for the best. My OB/Surgeon is the best in his field in our area so I'm not worried so much there as with the million little questions that run through your mind. Lol. But I am going to breathe and try to calm down. 😁
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM

I was very worried too, because I when I had my gall bladder out a few years ago, I ended up in the hospital for 6 days. I had my TLH on 12/17, and feel really good right now. I packed semi-light for the hospital (wanted to be prepared for any complications, etc.). My surgery went well, with no problems. The worst thing about it was getting my IV, and the gas afterwards. The last thing I remember was being wheeled into the operating room, an the next thing was waking up in recovery.

I was able to walk pretty well upon discharge, and was able to go out to the mall (no lifting bags, etc. just walking) by day 4 after surgery.

Waiting really was the hardest part. Keep thinking good thoughts, and try to stay positive for how good you will feel when it is over. Good luck to you on the 3rd!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register