Getting prepared.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting prepared.... Getting prepared....

Unread 12-16-2001, 12:16 PM
Getting prepared....

Hello Ladies!

I have been busy making preparations for my trip to the castle. I am having a LAVH on Jan. 7th. I think I am over the shock of it. I have gone through so many emotions. At first I was angry...then the saddness set in. I have come to terms with this but I'm still very scared.

I have a question... I live in a small town and will have to travel 80 miles for my sugery. I don't have family that lives near. Would it be best for me to find friends that my children can stay with? Or take them with me and DH to the hospital? My 8 year old is so scared that mommy is going to die. I want to make this as easy on them as I possibly can. Do you think having them stay with friends for a night or 2 and going to school like a "normal" day would be best? I really hate to impose on people. I have never asked anyone to care for my children. I just want to do what is best for them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am SO thankful for this site! Blessings to all my beautiful sisters out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2001, 01:33 PM
Getting prepared....

Autumn - I wanted my kids to go to school so their "normal" routine was not interrupted. If you have friends that they could stay with...that might be a good idea...OR maybe someone could come and stay in your home with your kids. There won't be a thing they can do at the hospital and you'll be sleeping a lot.
Unread 12-16-2001, 10:03 PM
Getting prepared....

Hello Autumn - I have an 8 year old who's very worried about Mommy , too! I have already asked my DH to bring the kids to the castle for a visit on the day after surgery as I will be so groggy right after(unless they are really worried). I don't have the distance problem that you do, but I am worried about my littles as well. I think it would be great if you could find a friend to spend the night at your house, so your kids have as much of their regular routine as possible. I plan to give my kids some special chores to help DH while I am at the castle so that they feel like they are helping ...maybe that things aren't so out of their control if they are included in the process. Also, I think I will let them choose a special video to rent or plan an after-dinner treat . I wish I knew where you were having your surgery...I am very familiar with some of the waiting rooms in Sacramento area hospitals and can tell you for sure that my kids would be miserable waiting there. Probably drive everyone in the room completly nuts.
I guess I just wanted to share my ideas with you and hope that you find a solution that helps you feel comfortable. It's so hard not to worry about our kids and this is a time for you to focus on yourself and becoming healthy again. I'll be thinking of you on the 7th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2001, 10:27 PM
Thanks for your ideas!

Hi Ky!

So nice to know there is someone else in the same situation. When is your surgery? I live in Susanville...needless to say I will be having my surgery in Reno.

That is a great idea about having a friend come stay at my house. I hate the thought of being so far away from them...but if everything goes as planned, I should be there just one night.

Thanks for your post. Keep in touch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register