TVH november 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH november 22 TVH november 22

Unread 11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
TVH november 22

I am doing well. A lot better than I thought I would be doing that is for sure. I had some scary things happen while in the hospital directly after surgery. (I don't remember them thought) I guess it took me about two hours longer to wake from anestisia???? And the morphine wasnt working so I almost killed myself with it. I had the button and kept pressing it. My pulse dropped to 32 BPM and I stopped breathing. They took it away and gave me norco 10s and ibup then I felt the pain melt away. So now I know morphine is not a helper for me nor is it my friend..... But, pain wise as long as I stay on top of my meds i am great. I woke at 3 am this morn and felt like I had an intimate relationship with a mac truck tire... (or four of them) Horrible. But now I am doing great. I am able to get up and move around. My daughters birthday is today. As well as Thanksgiving. So, Happy Turkey day to all, and I pray for each and everyone of you to have a wonderful recovery. Thanks to this web site, I knew what to expect and what to look forward to. Thank you so much for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Re: TVH november 22

I also do have a question.
I was sent home on Norco ten mg every 4 hrs. and 600mg ibup every 6 hrs. I was given enough norco for 3.5 days. Am I able to think that in 3.5 days I will no longer need norco for the pain? Or will I most likely have to call to get more? Just wondering. because I was very excited to find out there were only 3.5 days worth, but with the pain I am having still between meds I am worried that 3.5 days will not be enough. Anyone know? Im sure its an odd question just wasn't sure. I was going to call my gyn tomorrow but, thought maybe if someone else knows.....??? Thanks for your time.
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Re: TVH november 22

I definitely needed prescription pain meds for a couple weeks. It's likely you will have to call for more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register