scared silly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
scared silly

I am so glad I found this site, well due to flo and her overflo situation next week she goes away, this is very sudden as the d and c 3 weeks ago did not work and I am so wipped out, I have missed so much work because I am so weak, and like the other posts not sure how or who will help me as I am laid up. I have a small child and have always been the caregiver not the taker. I don't even know how to make arangements for her care let alone my own. How laid up will I be with a Lth? OH I do things the hard way have never had a surgery without complications, which is totally adding to my anxiety level. See I can't type either think straight or anything. I plan on working until monday if flo will just slow down, I am not in a good finacial state as I have been so ill and already missed work. so hiring help is out of the question. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, (ps no dh or family in area) and how do I relax about this, the crying is out of control, I am glad I won't have flow around and someday may have energy, I just can't believe how emotional I am?

Thanks in advance ladies
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2004, 03:03 PM
scared silly

Hi M
I cannot answer any of your questions because I am not there yet. Just offering emotional support. I noticed you live in WA - so do I. I live in Tacoma. I am scheduled for July 13th for an adominal hyst. I am lucky though, my mil is going to come over daily and take care of me while dh is working and she may or may not take our son to daycare. He is 3 so I am thinking she may take him the first week so that I can get some rest.
Do you attend church? Maybe someone from there could help you or maybe someone at work might be able to give you a hand. If you live close enough to me I might be able to help you out a little if needed.
Take care and keep us posted.
Carole
Unread 04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
scared silly

Hi, sorry you are in such dire straits.

Boy do I know who that is, I've been there, I've raised 2 kids alone, often with little money and no help from the ex.
Often family wasn't around to help much, either.
Sometimes people will appear out of nowhere to help. It was like providence.

However, on a more pragmatic path, in whatever hospital you are going to have this done there should be a social worker that might be able to help you get assistance during your recovery period.

They had asked me several times during pre-op and also during my hospital stay, if I had able bodied people to assist me at home, since I have no DH.
If not, here they have a visiting nurse program and volunteers, hopefully this might be the case for you, depending on what resources they have, where you live. Ask about this either through your doc's office or the hospital, tell them your situation, see what social services can come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 06:41 AM
scared silly

Thank you ladies your so kind!!!

I am eastern wa the tri cites but thanks so much for your offer this board is great.!!!!

I am going to net work today at work and I guess asking for help when offered is somthing I will have to get used too!

I can't believe this is happening so quick but the bleeding is not under control and I must work up until the day urgh....so much to do so many worries and now family calls and says do you have to do this??? It is like uh gee wiz I am a stuck pig folks what else can I do, I makes me crazier...
Oh I am going on I must run I just wanted to thank you, More later.

M
Unread 04-21-2004, 09:09 AM
scared silly

Quote:
Originally posted by gothair2dye
I can't believe this is happening so quick but the bleeding is not under control and I must work up until the day urgh....so much to do so many worries and now family calls and says do you have to do this??? It is like uh gee wiz I am a stuck pig folks what else can I do, I makes me crazier...
M
Sometimes there are situations that require surgery, and soon. I have to say in my case, I've had fewer problems from the surgery itself than what I was dealing with before I had it... I certainly wish you the best on this, and that it will help you, too.

Unread 04-21-2004, 09:18 AM
hugs

I don't have any real answers to your questions because I wasn't faced with having no family around during my surgery but I wanted to say this: I was scared about my surgery because I had 9 surgeries before it and nearly every one had complications...once I even got an infection so bad that it was a wait and see if I would recover situation! When I had my hyst I didn't have the first complication! Some do, but I think I had already had my share of complications so God just took care of me! Good Luck to you and I wish you the best. Take the help when it is offered! My baby was 16 months old when I had my hyst so I know it can be difficult.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register