I'm home from the castle but not feeling like a princess in any way UGH!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home from the castle but not feeling like a princess in any way UGH!!!! I'm home from the castle but not feeling like a princess in any way UGH!!!!

Unread 09-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm home from the castle but not feeling like a princess in any way UGH!!!!

Well I am home things went OK, other then I feel worse now then when I left the castle, I feel I was pushed over and over off of the Morphine way to early (I dont feel I was ready yet) but stupid me caves in. The last night people, nurses(including my hubby) could have cared less what I was feeling even being over 2 hours late on my pain meds. I cried for like 5 hours. Now we are home Hubby has disapeared emotionally, (not that he did not do that enough at the hospital, did not want to be in the room (check emails play solitaire was more important then being there), he would much rather not be in the room, would sigh everytime I moved while he was sleeping or god forbid a nurse would come in to take care of me, he has not ever been like this in the past (surgery's birth etc.), did not even want to sleep in the same bed last night (worried he would bump me, hmm was never a fear before). I am getting more sympathy from my 8 year old now and dont know how much more of this I can take. What do you all think this is all about as he sure the heck isnt budging on talking me me what so ever. Thanks guys for all the support.

HUGS

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2006, 08:40 AM

Hang in there Carol. I know these are just words to you right now, but it will get better. I have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and having my own private pity parties so I know how you are feeling. Men handle these things differently and I don't think they understand the magnatude of what your body has been thru. Maybe MAKE him read Mrhystersisters for some real understanding? I'm divorced, but my wonderfully sweet boyfriend really doesn't have a clue. He said to me the other day, if the doctor wants you to walk a lot then why can't you vacuum and mop? LOL He didnt mean anything ugly by it, but it was still a comment that hurt my feelings. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Ah, husbands....Just hang in there. Again I say, if they had to go through what we have to go through the tunes would change. They just don't deal well with this stuff. I developed a bladder infection yesterday and all my husband had to say was, "I didn't do it." Well duh! But the sympathy was not there and I cried. So I called my best friend to take me to the pharmacy for my RX. Girlfriends are the best.

Hang in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2006, 09:21 AM

(((Carol)))
I'm sorry you're going through this. Talk to him. He can't read your mind, tell him what you need. Like Jenny said, it would help if he would read on Mr Hystersisters . You might want to go there and print off some things for him, but if he likes the computer, point him in the right direction (after your talk )
You really need to get on top of the pain. You should be able to control it by limiting what you do and with your pain medication. If you can't control it call your dr and see if you can try another kind of medication. One kind doesn't work the same for all of us and you may need to try something new. Be sure you are resting and not doing too much. If it makes you hurt, don't do it. Be strong with your family, if this is a problem. You have to take a stand to guard your recovery and only do what is good for you in that respect.
Give your dh some time and keep communicating your needs. I hope it gets better soon.
's, Rita
Unread 09-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Im soooo sorry. Just know you will get better, and when you do,do someting especially nice for yourself..give Hubby the bill and Thank him for being so thoughtful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register