Tah Vs. C-section - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tah Vs. C-section Tah Vs. C-section

Unread 03-16-2001, 01:14 PM
Tah Vs. C-section

JenniLee: I've not had a C section, but I have heard countless times over the past fewmonths how different the hyster is from a c section. You will have been put under for the surgery which means you'll have anesthesia leaving your system for several weeks, thus the auto insurance companies prefer you not drive for a month after general anesthesia. The main reason for this is your slowed reaction time, and the risk of a sudden stop and damage to an incision. You wouldn't want to end up back in the hospital undergoing repairs. Please try to take the prescribed 6 weeks to begin the recovery. You'll not be fully recovered at 6 weeks but you'll be able to function more normally, in a cautious manner.

Also, don't be tempted to pick up your kids, clean up the house, or do anything but light lifting. We've had ladies who've had to return to the hospital with popped stitches and hernias as a result.

Don't mean to be a wet wrag, but I also don't want to see you going into this with expectations that may not be realistic. EVERY hyster and EVERY hyster recovery is different. The amount of time it takes to recover will depend a large amount on you and how willing you are to take it easy and let your body heal. This IS major surgery.... and all that entails.

We'll be here for you throughout the waiting period and the recovery. Yeah, cabin fever can get the best of you, but if you stay the course you'll be better off for it and won't risk developing scar tissue or improper healing of the area. So, get your nest ready for your return home and arrange to have as much help available as you possibly can. And, set your mind on YOU and taking care of YOU. Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2001, 04:41 PM
Tah Vs. C-section

PITTERPAT, YOU MAKE IT SOUND SO EASY. IF ONLY IT WERE. I DO PLAN ON TAKING IT AS EASY AS POSSIBLE BUT . . .

I HAVE HELP COMING FOR THE WEEK OF THE SURGERY AND THE WEEK AFTER BUT THEN I AM ON MY OWN. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT HOW I'M TO CARE FOR MY KIDS THAT WEEK AND AM PRAYING THAT I'LL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO DO SO.

I ALSO REMEMBER HOW MUCH HELP I RECEIVED AFTER MY C-SECTION (IT WAS JUST TOO DIFFICULT FOR ANYONE TO BRING THE BABY TO ME TO NURSE) LOL

I PRAY THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT. I KNOW MY DH IS MORE CONCERNED OVER THIS THAN I AM SO MAYBE THE HELPBUG WILL KICK IN. HE DOES HAVE HIS MOMENTS OF SERVITUDE. HE IS A DOLL. IT'S NOT THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING --HE JUST DOESN'T SEE THAT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

OH WELL, IT'S IN GOD'S HANDS. ALL WILL WORK WELL.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. IT MAKES SINCE THAT IT WOULD TAKE LONGER TO HEAL FROM TAH THAN C-SECT.

SLOW ME DOWN LORD
Unread 03-16-2001, 06:21 PM
Tah Vs. C-section

Goodness, Jenni... I didn't mean to make it sound "easy". There's nothing easy about any of this. But, it "is" do-able.

I thought I had alllll my plans laid out before surgery. Leave it to me NOT to take into consideration the ice storm that was going to pound our little town the day after I got home from the hospital. No only were we without power, heat and phones.... so was all my help I had lined up. It was a natural disaster and my worst nightmare. All my help had their own lives to put back together. All the food I had prepared the weeks before, gone! All I can say is plan the best you can.... and pray hard for the rest. You're right in thinking it will all work out one way or another.... I think what I wanted to stress more then anything was to BE careful.

If I can help.... IM or email me any time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register